Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
PSA covid is back in Lakewood and BP
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

mommyX2

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 10:44 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Although I hope it won’t cause a resurgence and it won’t spread as rapidly like we’ve experienced in March/April it is 100% accurate that there are NEW SYMPTOMATIC cases here in Lakewood this week and let alone many more today.
The people I personally know who tested positive all were at the same wedding last week In Lakewood.
The Kallahs mother, aunt, relatives tested positive WITH symptoms. Both the chosson and Kallah were from OOT but they also have relatives who currently live in Lakewood that also tested positive.
I am just davening and hopeful that the cases will iyh be milder.

Where were the chosson and kallah from?

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 10:48 pm
pointing fingers really does not help

stay safe and daven for an end to this magefa with no more sorrow and Moshiach to come!

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 10:57 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Also they could've caught it from OOT guests at the wedding.
They probably did. I thought the Lakewood bashing was because the chasunahs didn’t have sd. Which is true, but anyone who attends an event like that needs to quarantine, regardless of whose turf the wedding was on.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 10:59 pm
Ftr the “you’re bashing my rabbanim by insisting the Baltimore spread isn’t Lakewood’s fault and you owe an immediate apology” angle is straight up hilarious.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:57 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Ftr the “you’re bashing my rabbanim by insisting the Baltimore spread isn’t Lakewood’s fault and you owe an immediate apology” angle is straight up hilarious.

Saying it’s Lakewood’s fault is a strange choice if words.
They chose to come to Lakewood.
Lakewood didn’t force them to come.
I’ve been to vorts and weddings with multiple Baltimore guests with no masks. They daven in our local shuls My neighbors are visiting family in Baltimore for Shabbos. Ppl I know in Baltimore are in the mountains on vacation.
It’s not Lakewood’s fault they made the choice not to SD in Lakewood. No one is forcing them to hosts their Lakewood children. (My parents didn’t let me in the porch after driving 3 hours to visit). It’s each indovidusls choice and fault if you wish to use those words.

(I wonder where the contagious wedding was from. It doesn’t even sound like a lakewood wedding anyways. Just 2 oot ppl who came to Lakewood to rent a hall. My DH went to such a wedding last week so wondering if same one)

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 1:01 am
Quote:
LOL the Lakewood people are blaming it on the OOT weddings and the Baltimorians are blaming it on Lakewood. There hasn’t been an uptick in numbers in Lakewood- maybe the Baltimore people exposed themselves to each other by not being SD?

There have been OOT people making weddings in Lakewood. So Lakewood isn't necessarily to blame. But the Baltimore people catching at the weddings are getting in Lakewood, but not necessarily from Lakewooders.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 9:47 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:

It’s not Lakewood’s fault they made the choice not to SD in Lakewood.
This. I’ll blame it on their Baltimore neighbors instead. Baltimoreans don’t let baltimoreans go to non sd events during a pandemic.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 6:52 pm
Oh my! I just found out that my husband's cousin was at this wedding and tested positive last week. My dad was at the wedding too and is feeling good so far.

My DH is taking a medical certification course in boro park and found out today that someone in the group is positive. It's a mix of Jewish and not Jewish people so not sure which community the positive is from. Either way, it's too many cases that are too close to me for comfort. And yes, DH is going to get a 15 minute test in the morning.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 6:57 pm
And unfortunately ppl who should be quarantining (a member of the household has a positive) aren’t really - leaving home from day 1.

Has anyone heard about a new 5 day quarantine for diff strains? One family with a positive in the household plans to attend an event 5 days later. Was told don’t have to quarantine longer.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 10:10 am
3 Chabad bungalow colonies have positives. (And chabad really has immunity - they got hit hard and early - but it is still getting around)

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 10:17 am
Cities don't cause Covid, bad personal choices do.

This isn't about Lakewood, or bungalow colonies, or Baltimore, or OOT guests.

It's about PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO FOLLOW BASIC SAFETY GUIDELINES! Banging head

How can anyone here possibly act surprised that there are new cases popping up? Can't Believe It

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 10:24 am
Is everyone really so surprised?
Aside for the fact that the frum communities seem to think masks are poison, and SD is for sissies, it is a virus. It WILL spread around and it WILL keep spreading around.
The goal isn't to make sure no one gets it, it is to make sure that it doesn't get passed around like wildfire so that hospitas are overwhelmed and people can't get the care they need.
So we take precautions but it is practically impossible to be cooped up at home for years on end just in case we get a cough, cold with some fever.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 10:57 am
HonesttoGod wrote:
Is everyone really so surprised?
Aside for the fact that the frum communities seem to think masks are poison, and SD is for sissies, it is a virus. It WILL spread around and it WILL keep spreading around.
The goal isn't to make sure no one gets it, it is to make sure that it doesn't get passed around like wildfire so that hospitas are overwhelmed and people can't get the care they need.
So we take precautions but it is practically impossible to be cooped up at home for years on end just in case we get a cough, cold with some fever.

I don't want this to veer into politics but this is important: even if there were political missteps, even had it been handled well it seems likely that it will continue to spread.
And with flu season coming up, these sensible precautions may reduce the spread of the common flu which will, among other things, reduce confusion and excessive quarantining.

watergirl

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 11:04 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
3 Chabad bungalow colonies have positives. (And chabad really has immunity - they got hit hard and early - but it is still getting around)

The people who keep saying there is immunity - I don't think that word means what you think it means.

We know very little to nothing about this NOVEL virus. There are almost no facts. As of now, it is believed any immunity is not long lasting.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 11:07 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Cities don't cause Covid, bad personal choices do.

This isn't about Lakewood, or bungalow colonies, or Baltimore, or OOT guests.

It's about PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO FOLLOW BASIC SAFETY GUIDELINES! Banging head

How can anyone here possibly act surprised that there are new cases popping up? Can't Believe It

Totally agree with this.

It takes a village, but the village is made up of individuals.

There is also a balance that isn't all or nothing. Socially distancing doesn't mean staying locked up in your 4 walls and seeing no one. There are ways to live life, albeit a little different and toned down, that involve honesty, integrity, precautions, and SD so we can have some measure of normalcy and live our best lives in this weird time. Sadly, I see a lot of folks who think it's all or nothing--and then they choose nothing. BH We've found ways to have limited activities, outings, and some social interaction via the use of masks and SD so we aren't all totally isolated. The benefit is few or no cases, and the very few cases were easily isolable and didn't require entire communities to quarantine....just a household here or there.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 11:10 am
Nobody is calling for "shelter in place for eternity". NOBODY.

What is needed here, is seichel, and following the guidelines we are given, until we know more about the virus.

Apparently common sense is an oxymoron among some people.

If I had a shekel for every time I've used the Banging head , Rolling Eyes , and Can't Believe It emojis lately, I could probably finance finding a cure.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 11:18 am
I was privy to a meeting last night between bungalow leaders and a doctor on the phone from Crown Heights.
Listen up ladies:
COVID is the newest STD which doesn't mean that it's spread through illicit relations but that whenever possible, people keep it a secret so that their families don't have to quarantine. IOW, you don't know who has been exposed. They won't always tell you.

watergirl

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 11:25 am
southernbubby wrote:
I was privy to a meeting last night between bungalow leaders and a doctor on the phone from Crown Heights.
Listen up ladies:
COVID is the newest STD which doesn't mean that it's spread through illicit relations but that whenever possible, people keep it a secret so that their families don't have to quarantine. IOW, you don't know who has been exposed. They won't always tell you.

And we know from other posts on here as well as in other places that people who suspect they have it are no longer going to the doctor because they want to keep the numbers superficially low.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 8:32 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Do you want me to list the very well respected rabbonim who signed that letter? Your disrespect is not called for.
They are meticulous and don't just post rumors. You really are being chosheid and you owe them an apology. You don't deserve any more responses from me, so I will ignore any of your future posts. I will gladly respond to other posters.
I have not seen the letter , but would be curious to see a copy, but maybe the letter meant that the Baltimore residents caught it from the simcha in Lakewood (the location) not necessarily the residents of lakewood, but maybe other OOT people at the simcha.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 9:36 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I have not seen the letter , but would be curious to see a copy, but maybe the letter meant that the Baltimore residents caught it from the simcha in Lakewood (the location) not necessarily the residents of lakewood, but maybe other OOT people at the simcha.

Totally political, from people with an agenda
Maryland state-wide positivity rate now down to 3.29%. Total hospitalizations state wide now 455, ICU levels down 32% statewide.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics