Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Hotel bed bugs

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 1:40 am
What would you put on your beds ? We r going to a hotel for a few nights next week and on the reviews someone wrote they had bed bugs but other wise they r highly rated .Most pple said it was very clean .what can I do to feel better? Thanks

SuperWify

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 9:07 am
I’d cancel for sure 🤢

crust

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 9:08 am
SuperWify wrote:
I’d cancel for sure 🤢

Same

essie14

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 9:23 am
I wouldn't go

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 9:56 am
Really nothing you can do and you risk bringing them home with you. They will crawl in your luggage, clothing, and hitchhike home.
As a person who had it 16 years ago. IT IS NOT PLEASANT and hard to get rid of.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 10:11 am
Did they have bedbugs 7 years ago or 2 months ago?

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 10:14 am
I got scabies at a well known bed and breakfast in Jerusalem. (I won't name them because I complained, and I'm hoping they took my words under advisement.)

Bring your own linen, put down a plastic sheet first, and hope for the best, I guess. Other than that, I really don't know.

Bedbugs are my worst nightmare. If I had them I'd be tempted to just burn everything and collect insurance on the "accident".

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 10:39 am
I had bedbugs once and believe me, it's better to cancel than spend a lot of money dealing with it!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 10:44 am
Ty so how do I go to a hotel I'm so nervous my husband is not worried at all its me At wits end

Bubby6

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 9:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ty so how do I go to a hotel I'm so nervous my husband is not worried at all its me At wits end

Quickly find a man who experienced bed bugs for him to talk to.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 9:37 am
So here is the thing, if they had bedbugs and they PROPERLY treated and are on top of it, then you are likely in a better situation than a different hotel. Any guest can bring bedbugs at any time. I was in a hotel for the last days of Pesach. I had a bedbugs, 1. The other rooms didn't. In most likelihood, the people staying the first days in that room brought it. It could have come on their suitcase from the airplane-I as not saying they have them at home.
I would stay home forever after if it was up to me. Checking the beds thoroughly before entering the room( you go in and check and leave everyone and everything else outside) and in the morning check the sheets. Keep the luggage off the flood and away from walls. Don't put clothes on the bed. Do you best and good luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries