Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
On her deathbed

amother

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 12:38 pm
please say tehillim for a 77 year old woman on her deathbed

may Hashem be with her in her last hours

chava chaya sara bat yenta

shalhevet

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 12:47 pm
אפילו חרב חדה מונח על צווארו של אדם, אל יתייאש מן הרחמים

May she have a refuah sheleima. We don't talk like that, deciding when someone's last hours are. A doctor is given permission to heal, not to say whether a person will live or die.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 1:26 pm
some things are inevitable

and there are halochos of how to be with someone on their deathbed

Squash

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 1:27 pm
You are right, Shalhevet. But when a person is very obviously at death's door you are allowed to daven for them to have it 'easy' so to speak.

I remember when my cousin a"h, a young mother with four children, was suffering so terribly and very obviously on her way to a better place. We were told to daven that she should 'have a yeshua'. Of course we may never ever give up hope. but at the same time, we can daven that she shouldn't suffer if it is indeed her time.

May Hashem send refuos and yeshuos to all of Klal Yisroel.

drumjj

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 1:38 pm
squash I agree with u, and in this case there is nothing else one can do but daven for enough suffering to daven for a refua shlema isnt going to happen because its too late for that so thank u squash I agree and yes the doctors dont say an exact date but they can say when someone is close to death

Purplehair

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 3:49 pm
We can daven for her that Hashem should grant both her body and neshama peace.
If Hashem decided that she should recover, so be it. Her body will recover and her neshama will have the chance to benefit from additional mitzvot.
If r"l, Hashem has decided otherwise..well, her body and neshama will still be at peace.
I'm so sorry for all the people who know her that are worrying about her.
Crying
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed