Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Do you remember going to playgroup?

WitchKitty

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 1:48 am
I remember 2 babysitters I was sent to when I was younger. One was my mother's friend who she paid to watch her kids all day, at home. She was great. She taught me to tie my shoes.
Then we were sent to a morah who had a playgroup in her house. I remember her name. I remember my sister climbing into the cabinet, and me, as the older one, feeling responsible for her all the time. Taking care of her.

Do you remember who took care of you, out of the house, before age 4?

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 2:50 am
Yup! I remember from bout age 2.
I went to a Morah Malky and I remember learning songs and doing projects. Once, I pushed a swing and it hit a kid in the lip. And she was crying and bleeding and I was TERRIFIED that I would be punished. Bh, she didnt, and I was so relieved!!!!

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 6:50 am
I remember the day I met our new babysitter at age 2 who ended up being our babysitter until we grew up.
I remember a few random days I spent with her beginning around age 4, and a few random days of backyard camp beginning around age 4.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 6:59 am
Yes. I remember age 2-3 I went to a babysitter across the street. She used to pinch my cheek out of affection every day, but she did it so hard it hurt.
She used to give me and her daughter the same age, Cyolic every day because I had chronic ear infections.
I remember sitting and eating my packed lunch at her little kids table she had in her dining room. I used to love sitting underneath the big white crib. It was my little “clubhouse” space. And I loved her rag doll that was taller and larger than I was, at that time.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 7:17 am
No

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 7:33 am
Yes, I remember. Not pleasant memories, on the whole.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 7:50 am
I remember so clearly! I remember Maria, our cleaning lady, who put my bubbles on top of the fridge because I was blowing them while she was mopping. I was livid.
I remember my parents’ couple-best-friend who lived upstairs in the building, and how the husband called himself “The Rebba” (not a chassidish guy btw), so I called him “The Rebba”. I remember my friends in our building (we moved to a house just when I turned 4).
I remember Morah Scheiner and some of the kids there. I remember Yocheved who had this teddy bear dress that I loved. I remember Tehilla and Gershon chanting “shame on _[me]__! Shame on __[me]__!” when I got in trouble. I remember being scared of a certain song that was sung during circle time. I remember being the kallah by the mock wedding. I remember learning what sequins were, and I remember not being able to pronounce the word but trying and trying.
I was only 3 when I went to kindergarten, and I remember orientation and I remember my new shoes. I legit remember everything!

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 7:54 am
I stayed home till I was five years old and then I went to kindergarten for a few hours in the morning. I do have some memories from kindergarten.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 7:56 am
No.
I dont remember anything!

SuperWify

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:03 am
I remember a boy pushing me on a swing in 3 year olds.

I remember my 4 year old morah teaching us to braid challah. Unto today whenever I make challah I think- I want to go in the middle! No I want to!

I remember coloring time. I remember my best friend moving away.

I remember moving to a new house and whenever morah washed my hands for lunch she sang, “this is the moving girl!” Oh how special I felt!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:32 am
Yes

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 5:37 pm
"Playgroup" wasn't a thing when I was that age. I recall very little other than being home with my grandma, watching Romper Room (a TV kindergarten that ran from the early 1950s through the 1990s), listening to the teacher looking in her magic mirror and saying "I see Timmy and Johnny and Janie and Mary and Alice and Bobby" and hoping that one day she'd say " I see Rivka and Chana and Yossi" but she never did. I remember the kids on the show got cute little mini-loaves of Wonder Bread for lunch and wondering what I would do if I were on the show because Wonder Bread was tref. I really really wanted to be on the show but also thought you could be on the show if you climbed into the TV, except you'd have to break the glass and that would wreck the unit.

Given that RR ran only 30 or 60 minutes per episode, I'm sure I did other things, but that's what I remember.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 5:48 pm
I remember at nursery school being sent to stand in the corner because I had been naughty. I don't remember what I had done, but I occupied the time by dismantling the pictures that had been put on the walls. The teacher was horrified when she discovered what I has been doing, and then had to think of another punishment... I think I wasn't allowed a biscuit with my milk.

The days I was good and it was my turn to be milk monitor, I got two biscuits!

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 5:54 pm
I remember toilet training in what was really a nursery, not a playgroup, but I was 2.5.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 5:56 pm
Elfrida wrote:
I remember at nursery school being sent to stand in the corner because I had been naughty. I don't remember what I had done, but I occupied the time by dismantling the pictures that had been put on the walls. The teacher was horrified when she discovered what I has been doing, and then had to think of another punishment... I think I wasn't allowed a biscuit with my milk.

The days I was good and it was my turn to be milk monitor, I got two biscuits!

This is definitely an English post. And maybe Mancunian. You're descriptions are so familiar Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics