Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Nostalgia and Please recommend kids' computer program

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 10:30 pm
I grew up in the 90s and have fond memories of playing wholesome, educational computer interactive stories/games such as pajama sam, freddi fish, putt putt, berenstain bears, dr. suess. Do they have anything similarly educational and wholesome now for preschoolers and/or school age?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 10:55 pm
ABC Mouse

tigerwife

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 11:49 pm
I think you can buy Pajama Sam as an app now. I loved those games! We also had Reader Rabbit, xth Grade Adventures... I wouldn’t mind if my kids played them now but I don’t have a computer they can use nor do I want to buy an iPad for them...

seeker

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 1:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I grew up in the 90s and have fond memories of playing wholesome, educational computer interactive stories/games such as pajama sam, freddi fish, putt putt, berenstain bears, dr. suess. Do they have anything similarly educational and wholesome now for preschoolers and/or school age?

I came for the nostalgia, not to "please recommend," sorry. So here ya go for nostalgia:
Oregon trail!
Gizmos and gadgets!
Eagle eye detective agency!
Kid pix!
Super Mario Teaches Typing!
Gosh those were the days. I really think kids these days are missing out. How can you enjoy the simple things in life if pixelated western americana doesn't turn you on?

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 3:54 am
You can play Oregon Trail online, as well as many other of the classic games, at https://classicreload.com .

Carmen Sandiego, anyone? Or Sim City?

I take NO responsibility for the amount of time you will waste discovering that you still can't make it to Oregon.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 7:50 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
You can play Oregon Trail online, as well as many other of the classic games, at https://classicreload.com .

Carmen Sandiego, anyone? Or Sim City?

I take NO responsibility for the amount of time you will waste discovering that you still can't make it to Oregon.

Where. In the. World. Is. Carmen Sandiego?
So much! Did you catch it the day you could play a version on Google Earth?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics