Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Do I have to throw out cookie dough?

Lizajen

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 5:12 pm
On Friday I put all the ingredients for choc chip cookies in my mixmaster bowl, covered it with Saran Wrap, and was planning on mixing it in mixmaster motzaei shabbos, and freezing the dough. I totally forgot about this, and just found the bowl in my downstairs refrigerator. Do I have to throw it out? Or, can I still mix it and freeze? Thanx!!

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 6:22 pm
It was refrigerated all this time. I would bake the cookies as I don’t think that is excessive for refrigerated dough. I don’t know if I would freeze though. Better to freeze the baked cookies.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 6:28 pm
If its been refrigerated all the time, its probably ok.

If there are liquid ingredients, like oil or raw eggs, they may have partially combined with the flour, and now be hard to mix. If you were using margarine that won't be an issue.

If, when you mix it, you see that it doesn't come together properly, or the texture is wrong, you might have to give up or get creative. You won't lose anything by trying.

Last edited by Elfrida on Tue, Aug 18 2020, 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

avrahamama

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 6:34 pm
It's probably fine if it was in your spare fridge that hasn't been opened very frequently in any case.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins