Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Babies separated at birth from mother
Previous  1  2

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 5:53 am
Elfrida wrote:
They recently made a bris at one of the Corona hotels. The mother was positive, and the baby also tested positive soon after birth. They went to a hotel, to avoid infecting the rest of the family, who were negative.

The baby was completely asymptomatic, and it was judged that a bris would cause no further risk. There 'happened' to be a very experienced mohel at the same hotel, who was happy to help. They got permission for the father to attend in full protective gear, and everyone at the hotel joined in.

Neither in the hospital nor the hotel was the baby separated from his mother for any significant period.

Wow I’m really surprised at that psak!

Really really surprised

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 8:47 am
Each hospital is different. I work as a nurse in an Israeli hospital. If a mother is positive and the baby is term and healthy, she has two choices. She can go to the Corona unit and her baby goes to a special nursery. Or she can take the baby with her to the Corona unit. She just be able to fully care for the baby 24 hrs a day.

Either way, a positive mother is going to the Corona unit and she can't be in a regular postpartum unit.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 9:42 am
I suggest you get tested 2-3 days before your due date so you know more or less the outcome before you go to the hospital
Also be very strict about not going out, hand washing, washing everything that comes into the house, etc.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics