Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Please help! Bathroom accidents

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 15 2020, 11:17 pm
My DD is starting first grade soon. She still has constant bathroom accidents, where she gets to the bathroom too late and every time her panty gets a little wet. By the end of the day she is very wet. Now she started getting her panty streaked when she needs to poop. We've tried everything, even took her to a top notch doctor, who couldn't find any reason for this. I refuse to send her to school this way. Also she is so embarrassed at this point even though I don't shame her. Please help! I want to cry! I want to help her so badly!

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Aug 15 2020, 11:46 pm
Have you considered psychological help for her? Anxiety, control issues etc could all play a part in this. (Not diagnosing just making sure that you explored that angle- this is not normal for a first grader)

amother
Green

Post Sat, Aug 15 2020, 11:51 pm
She prob is only going to the bathroom last second and not right when she feels the urge. Try talking to her about going right away even if she’s very busy

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Aug 15 2020, 11:54 pm
They make “big kid” diapers you can get. That may be a compromise to use until she stops having so many accidents m.

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Aug 15 2020, 11:57 pm
Can you ask her teacher to take her to the bathroom twice a day, whether or not she says she needs to go? This is what I had to do with my kindergarten DS. Otherwise, he would hold it in the entire day and sometimes have an accident at the end of the day. We spoke to the teachers and they took him to the bathroom once in the morning and once in the afternoon, whether he wanted to go or not, and that cleared it up.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 12:08 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Can you ask her teacher to take her to the bathroom twice a day, whether or not she says she needs to go? This is what I had to do with my kindergarten DS. Otherwise, he would hold it in the entire day and sometimes have an accident at the end of the day. We spoke to the teachers and they took him to the bathroom once in the morning and once in the afternoon, whether he wanted to go or not, and that cleared it up.

If you speak to the teacher, please, for the sake of you daughter make sure the teacher will use discretion. A parent in my daughter's class once called me and confided in me that her daughter had such an issue and the teacher said something out loud to the child in class. It may not have been on purpose , but the teacher needs rouse common sense and be a caring person.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 12:41 am
This sounds like encopresis. It’s caused by constipation and treated with laxatives to make sure the bowels are completely empty.

You should see a gi

Even if you don’t think your child is constipated because she goes regularly, this sounds like classic encopresis.

Look into it.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 9:51 am
Food sensitivities can cause children to not feel their bowels and bladder properly

Just One

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 10:34 am
Can't help with the medical part but until this is figured out get her trainers underwear. They're thicker and and more absorbent than regular underwear but she won't feel like she's going to school in diapers.
But absolutely make sure she goes to school! First grade is crucial. (Except if you're comfortable homeschooling)
Hatzlacha!

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 9:51 am
I have 2 children that struggle with this issue. and I have found what they are. firstly you need a good pediatrician to guide you. diagnosis online is a very bad idea.

it can be a number of things and trying to figure it out and can take much longer then a doctor can help you. you see here how many different angles this can come from.

I found help from a gastro and I followed a pediatrician and I have my both kids have different issues contributing to it. so it could be more complicated or just a behavioral issue. none of us here can know your child.

PLEASE SEE A PEDIATRICIAN YOU TRUST.

momy1

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 10:10 am
[quote="Just One"]Can't help with the medical part but until this is figured out get her trainers underwear.

You can get thicker underwear on Ali Express for much cheaper. (It won't be delivered before school starts (it takes close to a month), but it will eventually come.
I am giving you the link to Ali, and the link of the same type underwear on Amazon. The underwear run big, so u might want to try a size smaller.
Hatzlocha.

Ali Express

Amazon

Amazon
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics