Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How do I get my 1 year old to fall asleep in a crib?
Previous  1  2

Frumme

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 11:28 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
What? I never heard of taking a water bottle to bed. Get a cup of water, drink it, and then go to sleep. Why do you need a bottle?

Drinking is for day time. Sleeping is for night time.

Maybe I don't want to get up and go to the kitchen in the middle of the night! Wink

You're telling me you've never woken up parched at 3 am?!

(As a side note, for kabbalistic reasons I won't drink water left uncovered overnight... Bottle solves that)

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 5:08 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
What? I never heard of taking a water bottle to bed. Get a cup of water, drink it, and then go to sleep. Why do you need a bottle?

Drinking is for day time. Sleeping is for night time.

I sometimes leave a bottle of water next to my bed. Especially when I’m pregnant or nursing I’m sometimes so thirsty when I wake up in the middle of the night. It’s perfectly normal.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 5:57 am
Rachel Shira wrote:
I sometimes leave a bottle of water next to my bed. Especially when I’m pregnant or nursing I’m sometimes so thirsty when I wake up in the middle of the night. It’s perfectly normal.

OK, that makes sense now.

I have never woken up in the middle of the night needing a drink. If I wake up, all I want to do is roll over and go straight back to sleep.

If I have to get up and go pee, I am really annoyed! Mad Why would I want to drink more, if it's going to keep me running to the bathroom all night? (I have a bladder the size of a peanut. embarrassed )

Rappel

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 6:50 am
What worked with DD - first, teach him to drink from a bottle while next to you, not nursing. Then after a few days, transfer him, bottle, and something which smells like you into a crib.

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 3:13 pm
Rappel wrote:
What worked with DD - first, teach him to drink from a bottle while next to you, not nursing. Then after a few days, transfer him, bottle, and something which smells like you into a crib.

The kid still has a suck/eat to sleep association.
So how does this prevent night wakings?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics