Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Enter to Win a Gift-Edition Balabusta’s Daily Organizer!
1  2  3  4  5  Next

Yael

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 5:58 pm

The Balabusta’s Daily Organizer is the best weekly planner around for organizing the time and life of today’s busy Jewish woman. Containing weekly, monthly, and Year-at-a-Glance calendars, and feature-loaded Quick Reference pages, the Organizer is just what you need to effectively manage your time and your life. The 2020-21 planner runs from September 2020 through December 2021.

Enter our raffle to win a Balabusta’s Daily Organizer Gift Edition — the perfect gift for a kallah, a housewarming, or for yourself! To enter, just post your favorite tip for enhancing Shabbos or Yom Tov in this thread. You may even see your tip in print in the planner next year!

Examples:
“Keep a few toys just for Shabbos — this gives the children something special to look forward to.”

“When I bake challahs, I glaze them with 1 tsp cinnamon mixed with egg yolk. The fragrance is Gan Eden!”

The winner will receive a Gift Edition of The Balabusta’s Daily Organizer with our own Balabusta ballpoint pen tied to the spiral binding with gold cord, 4 Post-It tabs, and a card. The winner may choose either our Desktop or Pocket size, and I will send it anywhere in the world.

The contest ends Erev Rosh Hashana at candle-lighting time wherever you live. The winner will be announced here on Tuesday, September 22 (4 Tishrei). You can post as many tips as you like, but each person will only be entered once. No anonymous entries please.

The Balabusta’s Daily Organizer is available in Jewish bookstores both online and brick & mortar, on Amazon, and at balabusta.us. Gift editions are sold only on the balabusta.us website.

Tizku l’mitzvos!
— Rubber Ducky

Sponsored post

shmoosh

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 6:02 pm
I get really nice bed in a bag sets from Walmart for my guests. This way I don’t have to busy with full linen sets and I can put it all straight into the washer/dryer and ready for the next guest. Bonus is they’re only about $25-$35.

pause

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 6:04 pm
I serve dessert after the meal only on Shabbos or YT.

chayarg

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 7:14 pm
I ask the guest for a food that speaks of home and who is the one that cooks it- I go out of my way to prepare that dish by getting the recipe from the source...

sweetie2shoes

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 7:20 pm
On Friday afternoons I give the kids a shabbos treat once they've done one job for shabbos & changed into shabbos clothes. The kids feel involved and are eager to prepare for shabbos. It creates a nice atmosphere.

ckk

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 7:49 pm
*after I light shabbos candles I read the littles ones some book (more than just the one I read at regular bedtime) and then play a game like uno etc with the older ones. They look forward to it all week.

*at the shabbos table every kid gets to pick a Jewish song that the whole family sings.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 7:59 pm
Instead of preparing meals for both Thursday night dinner plus the Shabbos meals, Thursday night dinner is whatever chicken I make for Shabbos. I'd rather give up the benefit of leftovers on Sunday night and make my Thursdays a bit less of a hassle. Of course, my kids love the Shabbos chicken, so it's a win win.

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 8:11 pm
To enhance my shabbos and yom tov we buy the Jewish magazines. It lasts us over shabbos and during the week. The kids love reading the junior.

Leleh

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 8:20 pm
We talk about what we're thankful to Hashem for (that happened during the past week) at our Shabbos day seuda. My look forward to it.

life is fun

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 8:29 pm
In erev shevuos I get oasis and cheap flowers, let each child choose any dish they fancy and they create their own flower arrangements and dot them around the house.

This not only enhances our yom tov but makes the kids feel proud of their creations too!!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 8:31 pm
Stay calm and happy erev Shabbos. That's one of the biggest associations your children will have with Shabbos.
It might mean letting some things go. It might mean trying to be ready early. Re the latter: one good way to get started on revamping Shabbos prep is to note when you do everything in a typical week, and seeing what you can get started doing earlier.

Last edited by PinkFridge on Wed, Aug 19 2020, 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 8:35 pm
After the suedah we all play a board game together.

yidisheh mama

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 8:40 pm
I let my toddler and preschooler help with setting the table by doing something simple, such as putting the napkins, cups, or cutlery at each place on the Shabbos table. They look forward to the meal when they were involved in the prep, and are so proud that they set the table for Shabbos!

yidisheh mama

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 8:46 pm
I serve dessert and put out nuts, sweets and chocolate only after everyone has helped clear the table. It serves 2 purposes; we sit and schmooze after the seuda at an uncluttered, uncrumby table, and I'm not stuck clearing the table by myself after everyone else conks out.

cnc

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 9:14 pm
I serve cake And cookies for breakfast Shabbos morning

jewishmommy1

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 9:20 pm
We ask the kids riddles about the weekly parsha at the Shabbos seuda. Sometimes it's a thought-provoking question and sometimes the kids need to look through the pesukim for an answer. They get excited about the parsha and it's very interactive and exciting.

abmom

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 9:22 pm
We stop in to our grandparents for a visit every shabbos.

dovebird

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 9:25 pm
I always put lipstick on before Shabbat or Yom Tov even if I don’t have time to do a full face of makeup. Takes a few seconds and makes me feel great!! Maybelline color stay matte ink lipstick lasts forever and is the best!! (And has amazing colors too!)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 9:42 pm
We enhance Shabbos by using china dishes, and then we make it extra special on Yom Tov by using napkin rings.

sunflower 1

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 9:47 pm
-

Last edited by sunflower 1 on Thu, Nov 19 2020, 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics