Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Keto crackers and "breads"

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 7:42 am
Keto ingredients are expensive, and I can't afford to make mistakes. I'm completely new to keto baking, and I need all the help I can get. Sad

So far, my bread came out tasting like a brick of baking soda, and even one tiny bit was disgusting.

My almond flour crackers with mixed seeds looked amazing, but fell apart as soon as I touched them. They were also so dry I could barely get one down, even with a glass of water.

Please share any recipes that have worked for you, and any tips I can use to make things work out!

If I don't get something similar to crackers or muffins soon, I am going to run to the corner store for
bourekas, and that will undo all the work I've accomplished so far.

THE CRAVINGS ARE REAL!!! cake

israelimom

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 7:58 am
If you're in Israel, the flax bread/rolls פלאי הפשתן available at most health food stores are the ticket. Under 1g carb per slice.

Simple1

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 8:07 am
Here's something I had saved for a while but never tried, although someone told me she tried it and it was good. Not sure the best way to post a screenshot. Recipe is in first column.
https://imgur.com/p1PwXCP

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 8:10 am
There is a great cheese cracker recipe in the Crohn's cooking circles. I wonder how much is keto legal. Check out www.breakingtheviciouscycle.com

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 8:24 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
There is a great cheese cracker recipe in the Crohn's cooking circles. I wonder how much is keto legal. Check out www.breakingtheviciouscycle.com

You need to aim for under 30 grams a day, and try to make them as healthy as possible. White four is completely off the list of options.

I already allow myself 2 teaspoons of REAL sugar in my coffee. Everything else I've tried just ruins a good cup of coffee. I have my priorities, people! LOL Coffee

I'll be trying some of these recipes when I get home from work. Cravings seem to be the worst on Shabbos afternoons.

Thanks, and keep them coming!

Iymnok

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 10:40 am
We tried a techina bread once. DH and I had it with butter, the kids weren’t that fond. It was a google search.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 11:48 am
These are dairy rolls but so good and so easy to make. With some flavored cream cheese and smoke salmon. Yummy
https://www.heyketomama.com/th.....olls/

real

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 8:25 am
I found this online and tried it- it is amazing! tastes like whole wheat bread and is super fluffy- I have been eating it as sandwiches,challah- everything!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHJdHPKAMXg

this is the bread machine one, but this person has another post about making it in the oven.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking