Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Please explain to me how tiktok works

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 10:52 am
So someone posted a video about our products on tiktok and it went viral. They then approached us and asked if they can do a giveaway and we said yes, so they posted a new video for that.

However, seeminly at the exact same time when the new video was posted, the original video stopped getting views. Does posting a new video stop the old one from gaining more views? It went up to 8M in 12 hours and then just suddenly stopped garnering more traction, just like that. Note that this isn't a majorly popular tik tok account, so most of the viewers weren't even followers of the page.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 11:14 am
The tiktok algorithm is pretty puzzling. But one thing I can tell you from experience, that old videos eventually fall off. you need to keep posting consistently for your account to get views. A single video doesn't just keep circulating. Your account needs to be active and have a lot of followers and then your videos get views.
Also, if something is shared/liked often it also gets circulated more often.
What's your tiktok acct? I'll like and follow, maybe it'll help.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 11:15 am
Oh youre talking about someone else doing the video. Hmmm, I dont know, the algorithm is very confusing and unpredictable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media