Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Naming after corona victim

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 6:40 pm
if you were to name after someone who passed away due to corona in their 70s would you add a name if that is your minhag for untimely death?

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 6:44 pm
I’m not sure if you add for that age. You can add anyhow but find out your minhag. If it’s a parent some people don’t add at all.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 6:50 pm
You should ask your rabbi.
That age would be fine had it been a regular cause of death. But corona is considered a mageifa- plague and therefore makes it fall under the category of a not a normal means to pass away. But if there is a plague during your time period then maybe your can? I think it’s simpler to just call and ask your rabbi.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 8:06 pm
We named after someone who was above 60 who died in a terror attack and were told to add a name.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 8:08 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
You should ask your rabbi.
That age would be fine had it been a regular cause of death. But corona is considered a mageifa- plague and therefore makes it fall under the category of a not a normal means to pass away. But if there is a plague during your time period then maybe your can? I think it’s simpler to just call and ask your rabbi.

Thanks. I know at the end of the day this is the answer but the person I used to ask these sorts of shailas to is the one I would like to name after Crying so the whole situation is just emotional

nchr

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 8:10 pm
Some people add if the person passed away of any disease regardless of age, some people add if the person passed away younger then 59 and some younger than 49 so you need to AYLOR
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names