Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Buying a car two years after aliyah

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 21 2020, 6:30 am
Hi all. Would really appreciate some help . My Husband made aliyah 15 years ago and I made aliyah almost two years ago. We are interested in buying a car but both have no idea where to start and how to go about the system here .
We have one child right now but would either like to buy an suv type of car ( high off the ground ) or a minivan . We have no idea how to find the best deal , what prices are like, ect . Any direction would be helpful ( either of recommendations of cars or where to buy from and how to get started ) thanks so much .

Iymnok

Post Fri, Aug 21 2020, 6:32 am
We have been very happy with lease4you. DH has a license, I don’t, so he has the info. It was the most financially logical decision for us.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Aug 21 2020, 7:05 am
First, are you looking to buy a new car or used?
If used, there is yad2 and msny buy, swap, sell groups on face book.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Aug 21 2020, 7:14 am
If you want to buy a new car with zchuyot, you will need to be the owner. You have to have a valid Israeli licence plate, and you may have to hand over your passport and teudat Oleh to complete the transaction. You didn't say where in the country you are, so I can't be helpful about car dealers.

ETA lots of young families here have the Mitsubishi Outlander. It's not necessarily the best car around, but it's cheap for a seven-seater.

One word of advice is not to buy a car bigger than you need. Gas is expensive, and registration costs more for big cars.

grivky

Post Fri, Aug 21 2020, 11:14 am
There are a few English speaking “car guys” that help people through the process of buying used cars. At the end of the day, they save you money because they negotiate better prices, negotiate taking care of certain maintenance things before you buy and know their stuff about cars. We used a guy named Ari and have been very happy. He’s a real mensch and super helpful. There’s also a guy Reouven that people highly recommend. Just be in touch with them and they’ll explain the whole process to you and what their role is. They also help you clarify which car to get based on your needs. I’ve spoken to a lot of people and it seems like it makes sense financially to get a newish, low mileage used car over a new car.
Ari 054-5320036
Reouven 052-3797841
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions