Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Donate to a kids Gemach or dump?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 22 2020, 9:00 pm
I have a a son who is 7 and then a baby boy. There is no point in saving my older sons clothing because they will get ichy sitting in a bin for six seven years and will be very out dated. If I bought too many shirts or whatever I’ll give anything still with tags on it to a neighbor.

This is not expensive stuff, it’s mainly children’s place, Kohl’s and kidichic. I don’t have patience to sort through it all at the end of the season to see what’s stained what’s looks ragged and what’s still in good shape. Pick purple does (pre Covid) pickups in my area and I give it to them. I don’t care if they shred it sell it whatever. They are getting some money for it whatever they do.

I imagine that most clothing Gemach’s have tons of people dropping things off and even my good condition children’s place clothing is not really needed. Am I correct?

Frumme

Post Sat, Aug 22 2020, 9:08 pm
Call the gemachs themselves and ask. Most will tell you if they're taking children's clothes or not at the moment. In any case, don't just toss the clothes... At least donate it to Goodwill or the like. Or maybe post an ad on FB or your local community newsletter saying that you're giving away nice children's clothing for free. People will be more than happy to take it off your hands!

trixx

Post Sat, Aug 22 2020, 9:16 pm
Post it locally first so you can give it directly to someone who can benefit. Whatsapp, Facebook even Craigslist. Offer for free.

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Aug 22 2020, 10:09 pm
If you want to donate, great.
But if you don’t, I would keep it for your next boy. I think it’s totally save-able.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics