Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Baltimore
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:12 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Daycare goes up to what age?

3 yrs old

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 1:12 pm
Thank you everyone for all your input!
I have been browsing Zillow recently - but I hope that there are more listings available than are showing up on Zillow.

Are there any other websites (or frum blogs, newspapers etc) that would have home listings as well?

Also, if we would prefer to rent, what are the options? I'm coming from 6+ years in an apartment, so although I know lot of the apartments are very spacious compared to NY, I don't know if I can handle another tekufah of apartment living!

Anyone know of any areas with duplex/split level homes for rent?

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 1:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have been browsing Zillow recently - but I hope that there are more listings available than are showing up on Zillow.

Are there any other websites (or frum blogs, newspapers etc) that would have home listings as well?

Also, if we would prefer to rent, what are the options? I'm coming from 6+ years in an apartment, so although I know lot of the apartments are very spacious compared to NY, I don't know if I can handle another tekufah of apartment living!

A lot of things never hit the market
I suggest you call one of the realtors. That's how we got our place

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 1:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

There are many semi detatched for rent always. Call Refael Szendro. He will put you in one. Pickwick apartments are very popular but the rent is the same as renting a home.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 2:46 pm
Quote:
A lot of things never hit the market
I suggest you call one of the realtors. That's how we got our place

Once it's on a public website like Zillow, then they have to make it available for sale to the public. So many will only tell the frum realtors and not even put a for sale sign in front. People also will hear of people who died and buy the house from the family before the family puts it on the market (morbid, but done).

Some of said houses are in the local Advertiser. If you know someone in the area who can send you the information, you'd have a bigger pool to look at--for both rent and sales.

Best bet is to look both at zillow and contact the local frum realtors. Especially if you don't know Baltimore well--if you don't know the boundaries of the frum community, you may find yourself outside the community and eruv.

There are houses for rent if you want to try the area out--again the Advertiser and local realtors are your best bet.

Hatzlacha.

aussie2

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 2:48 pm
I agree w/ the others.. you need to speak to realtors or if you have friends/ family living in baltimore they may be able to direct u.
There are some houses for rent if you don't want to rent an apt..
(also keep in mind some apt rentals won't let u rent if u have over certain # of kids.. )

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 9:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

We found the house we are renting by Word of mouth. A friend posted looking for leads on a neighborhood chat and the previous renters of my house responded. We were super lucky bh bec we are renting a beautiful house in a great location for not a lot! You can try max liskovitch- he is our realtor.
Amother pearl I am so curious who you are!
Rubber ducky- we live in cheswolde. I would love to meet you:)

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 4:42 pm
Anyone know if there are frum people moving into summit park/beazer quarry?Summit park seems to have bigger house for cheaper.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 4:52 pm
Just because the schools stick to a certain hashkafic group doesn't mean they do a better job with the kids they are given.What I noticed about Baltimore more schools is that chinuch starts in the home and the schools do a good job ensuring if your kid grew up in a sheltered home they stay like that.Bais Yaakov and TA are given possibly 2 of the most diverse groups of kids,in any mainstream Jewish schools in the country ranging from intensely yeshivish to mothers wearing pants.Yet TA still has kids that end up in Fallsburg and Philadelphia Yeshiva and Bais yaakov send a fair share of girls to BJJ.People respect each others level of frumkeit and dont force their level on others or others kids,regardless of whether they are neighbors or not.Plenty of people are moving from Brooklyn and if all else fails just become friends with them.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 5:40 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Rubber ducky- we live in cheswolde. I would love to meet you:)

Would love to meet you too and I'm easy to find: look for the house with the tiny pond in front and dozens of rubber duckies smiling at you from the dining room window!

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 4:49 pm
I also live in Baltimore and BH LOVE it.
We moved here from Lakewood 4 years ago.
I actually live near the Chassidish Kollel and B.C. (before Covid) used their playground alot with my kids and never felt uncomfortable.
My husband also has davened there in the past with no problems.
My son went to a camp one of the mothers made one summer a few years ago.

In general most ppl here are just warm and accepting.
My kids go to TI but my block has a mix and it's great!

Happy to answer questions if needed.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating