Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Corona backyard wedding party planner
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 9:54 pm
Hi,

I’m looking for a very reasonable party planner for my DDs wedding which will iyH be held in a neighbor’s backyard right after Sukkos. Someone who will take care of everything (tents, tables, flowers, chuppa) but I would normally make a takana wedding and don’t want it to end up being much more than that.

Any and all leads are appreciated!!

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 10:05 pm
I do not have a personal recommendation, but I just want to caution you that the cost of making a backyard wedding will exceed a takana wedding.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 5:01 am
Setting up a chuppah and a tent outside is very expensive. You can have a few men hold up a tallis for the chuppa and save money there. The tent is more important because you can’t be sure of the weather and tents are costly. Table and chair rental isn’t cheap either. In a hall you don’t spend money on any of those things so a takana wedding can cost very little.
I saw some stunning pictures of backyard corona weddings. Don’t fool yourself. The people who did it that way had the means to do it. In one case I know of where they couldn't spend a lot the party planner did all the work without charging and there was no tent.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 5:09 am
Faigy Tress (decorative edge)

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 5:22 am
Get expected expenses. Make sure it’s someone with same expectations as yours.
Party planner will give you their price. But it won’t include all the bells and whistles - one of my friends hired a party planner for a small event and was shocked when the cake and balloon arch were 3k over party planner fee and the party planner had pushed much more that they had not taken.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 5:33 am
Faige Tress at decorative edge. 732-580-0968. She’s really great at breaking down numbers. She’s a wedding coordinator and dresser aside from being a party planner.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 6:06 am
Rena soclof events. I have seen her make gorgeous backyard weddings with picking out really nice backyards. Email renasoclof @ gmail.com

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 6:30 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I do not have a personal recommendation, but I just want to caution you that the cost of making a backyard wedding will exceed a takana wedding.

Yeah, that’s what I keep hearing Sad it’s a shame that the halls aren’t doing outdoor weddings anymore

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 6:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yeah, that’s what I keep hearing Sad it’s a shame that the halls aren’t doing outdoor weddings anymore

There are no more corona weddings in Lakewood. Perhaps just call it a backyard wedding but those are expensive.
During peak corona when people made small outdoor weddings, almost anything was acceptable. Maybe try another city where they are a few streps behind us.
You can still have an outdoor chuppah in Lakewood.
Good luck

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 6:43 am
You can keep costs down if:
You have food prep area- enough ovens - don’t need warmers. If you need warmers increases costs. Otherwise can just have food deliverd and use own waiters instead of full caterer. (Any caterer off site will be more)
Have bathrooms and sinks for guests to wash. Do you need bathrooms and outdoor sinks setup for guests?
Do you need tent? Tables? Chairs? Air conditioning? Floors? Heat?
Do you have man power to shlep yourself from Gemach or need delivered.
Do you need stage for music?

The less you need and more you can do yourself the more doable the cost.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 6:54 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
There are no more corona weddings in Lakewood. Perhaps just call it a backyard wedding but those are expensive.
During peak corona when people made small outdoor weddings, almost anything was acceptable. Maybe try another city where they are a few streps behind us.
Good luck

I know which is why halls aren’t offering it but we’re still SD and want the whole (smallish) wedding to be outdoors for corona reasons. Restrictions are looser than they were during peak corona and I want my DD to have a crowd (albeit a small one) and still have a nice wedding because we have time to prepare vrs those whose plans came crashing down days before the chassunah.
I’ll keep looking!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 6:58 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
You can keep costs down if:
You have food prep area- enough ovens - don’t need warmers. If you need warmers increases costs. Otherwise can just have food deliverd and use own waiters instead of full caterer. (Any caterer off site will be more)
Have bathrooms and sinks for guests to wash. Do you need bathrooms and outdoor sinks setup for guests?
Do you need tent? Tables? Chairs? Air conditioning? Floors? Heat?
Do you have man power to shlep yourself from Gemach or need delivered.
Do you need stage for music?

The less you need and more you can do yourself the more doable the cost.

Thank you! Food wise that’s a good point. I think we basically need washing station, tables, tents, lights, floors, and chuppa/badeken set up. Extras like a stage for music we don’t. We technically do have the man power to shlep, but I’m worried that if someone isn’t on top of everything something will get lost in the process.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 6:58 am
I made a backyard wedding (my own).
At the minimum, you need:
- a venue with bathrooms
- option if it rains (like a tent)
- chair for kallah in badekin and chairs for mothers
- table with chairs for chossons tisch
- liquor for chossons tisch
- plate to break
- chuppah, candle holders, bechers, wine, and a small table to put it on
- chairs for guests during chuppa
- glass to break
- music
- flowers (for badekin, chuppa, kallah bouquet, table centerpieces)
- chairs and tables, tablecloths, dishes, centerpieces for seudah
- food for seuda
- someone to serve and clean up seuda
- mechitza for dancing
- wine for sheva brachos
- photography

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few items. But basically, as you go down the list, you'll notice a lot of items can be more DIY/gemach/cheaply purchased. It'll take a bit more effort on your part, but if you have an idea of what you want the party planner to do vs what you want to do, you can cut costs on items you don't care for much.

One thing I splurged on: someone to run the wedding, so no one's standing around trying to figure out what to do next

keym

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 7:03 am
A few months ago there was a thing in the Scoop that Eagle Ridge was doing outdoor weddings affordably.
I wonder if they're still doing it. It's a country club so they have the outdoor gazebos and stuff to accommodate

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 7:15 am
Eagle ridge is beautiful but much more expensive than standard lakewood takana halls. Look into it, see if it's affordable for you. If it is it's a great option.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 7:26 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Eagle ridge is beautiful but much more expensive than standard lakewood takana halls. Look into it, see if it's affordable for you. If it is it's a great option.

Thanks! It didn’t work out for us Sad

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 7:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Also, speaking from personal experience, if you have a backyard wedding, start it very early in the day, as you may have a neighbor calling the cops to complain about the noise level.

In hindsight, I would have been better off paying a few extra thousands of dollars to have the wedding at a rented outdoor venue like a country club, as had to end the wedding earlier than planned.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 8:53 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Good luck

This isnt really true. Someone told me theyre making an outdoor wedding at Bais Yaakov, someone else is doing it at Estreia. I dont know how the costs compare to doing it in your own backyard.

There are also people who are renting out their backyards for weddings, but that gets expensive.

I agree with those who recommended Faige Tress. She can at least give you an idea of what it will cost so you can decide if it makes sense.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 9:01 am
I drove by Bais yaakov last night. There was something going on maybe it was a wedding ?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 11:12 am
But these aren’t wedding halls. OP said she wanted her daughter to feel like she’s having a regular wedding...
And anyway, what does everyone do when they need the bathroom? There’s no concern of corona in public bathrooms? Or when you need the bathroom it doesn’t count?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries