Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Just a vent .....
Previous  1  2

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 11:34 am
OP, I can totally commiserate with you feeling used and thrown away. I had a family member of mine do something similar. She had found a summer job very close to where I live. As per our agreement, her kids would be dropped off by me because she wouldn't make their bus home since she lived at the other end of town. All nice and dandy and I knew I should've said no but I'm a nice person so I agreed. The first week it worked out beautifully. She stayed awhile every day until her husband was able to pick her and kids up and go home. And then she asked to use my computer and printer for papers for work. Then it was going online to find other things she needed to print and then that turned into catching up on her shows on youtube and hulu. She did not take care of her kids. They were left roaming free making a mess in my house and when I had an emergency appointment and came back home after, the kids were literally babysitting themselves since she had not moved one inch from before I had left.
She overstayed her welcome and stayed later and later to the point where her husband now had to wait for her to be done until 8/9 at night.
It officially ended when daycamp ended and I said no more.
No there was nothing I could do to put a stop to it. I just had to grin and bear it.
Mind you, she would never have allowed herself to be taken advantage of.

OP, lesson well learnt: don't do it again

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 11:44 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
OP, I can totally commiserate with you feeling used and thrown away. I had a family member of mine do something similar. She had found a summer job very close to where I live. As per our agreement, her kids would be dropped off by me because she wouldn't make their bus home since she lived at the other end of town. All nice and dandy and I knew I should've said no but I'm a nice person so I agreed. The first week it worked out beautifully. She stayed awhile every day until her husband was able to pick her and kids up and go home. And then she asked to use my computer and printer for papers for work. Then it was going online to find other things she needed to print and then that turned into catching up on her shows on youtube and hulu. She did not take care of her kids. They were left roaming free making a mess in my house and when I had an emergency appointment and came back home after, the kids were literally babysitting themselves since she had not moved one inch from before I had left.
She overstayed her welcome and stayed later and later to the point where her husband now had to wait for her to be done until 8/9 at night.
It officially ended when daycamp ended and I said no more.
No there was nothing I could do to put a stop to it. I just had to grin and bear it.
Mind you, she would never have allowed herself to be taken advantage of.

OP, lesson well learnt: don't do it again

I would actually be more annoyed at that. she basically came when I left and left when I came home. what bothered me a little bit was in the morning, she came exactly when camp started, so I had all their parents sitting in my driveway waiting to drop off their kids but she wasn't here. The last couple days a couple of parents didn't come to pick up their kids on time, she kind of hinted to me that if I could watch them. I told her no. I feel that part of running a camp is being there 15 minutes before the children show up and staying a few minutes late to make sure everything's cleared up.
I finally told her a few weeks ago, that my driver cannot be used for pickup or drop off. It was pathetic, that parents have no common sense, and what's sit there and yap and block while I'm trying to get out to work. And when I want to come home, there would be people sitting in my driveway, And even after I beeped the horn would not move. A few times I had to tell parents I do not allow them my driveway at all.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 8:01 am
OP
You ARE WAAAAYYY TOO NICE

I can’t believe my eyes reading all these details.

You def should have had Your child go for free.

I am seething inside for you !

& your pregnant too!!!

She is not a nice person. & very untrustworthy

Wow. Just wow
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette