Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Time sensitive - do I share my free chocolate?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 5:38 pm
A few weeks ago I bought Viennese crunch on sale at a kosher grocery store as a treat for myself. On the last bite I found paper inside the chocolate, which was an unpleasant discovery to make with my teeth. I emailed the store with an attached picture and asked them to let the manufacturer know. They emailed back with a request to bring in the offending paper. I stuck it in a ziplock bag inside an envelope and dropped it off at customer service the next time I was in the store. Then I forgot about it until today when I received an email from the store that the manufacturer had sent me a gift and I should pick it up at customer service. It turned out to be a 2 lb box of assorted chocolate.

So here's the question: Do I hide it away and enjoy it slowly by myself since no one in my family knows about this entire episode? Or do I come clean about my secret chocolate habit and share with the family? It happens to be that the box contains jelly rings which is about the only chocolate concoction that I can't stand, if that makes any difference to your answers.

Ok, I'm going to put away the groceries and come back to see your answers.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 5:44 pm
To help with your dilemma I suggest you send me the jelly rings and hide the rest for yourself.

Metukah

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 5:44 pm
Take out all the jelly rings and hide your stash. Do not share it. Heed my warning.

Present the jelly rings on shabbos. Don't disclose the source.

debbie321

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 5:57 pm
When it comes to chocolate, all rules are canceled.
You can share the jelly rings, but hide your stash

iyar

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 6:00 pm
It's such fun to open a thread on imamother and find I agree with everybody.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 6:01 pm
I’m trying to find papers in all my chocolates at home. No luck so far. Sad

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 6:13 pm
Sorry Extracredit, it was just my luck I guess. Also, I didn't make a fuss and demand a refund. I just asked that they let the manufacturer know so they could do a better job at quality control. This chocolate box was an unexpected bonus.

So I hid it (for now) and just in time! DH and DD walked into the kitchen right after I stashed it in a cupboard. It's not in my usual place so if I decide to bring it out for Shabbos I won't give away my hiding spot.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 6:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sorry Extracredit, it was just my luck I guess. Also, I didn't make a fuss and demand a refund. I just asked that they let the manufacturer know so they could do a better job at quality control. This chocolate box was an unexpected bonus.

So I hid it (for now) and just in time! DH and DD walked into the kitchen right after I stashed it in a cupboard. It's not in my usual place so if I decide to bring it out for Shabbos I won't give away my hiding spot.

I was excited already I thought I discovered a tooth in one of my chocolates. Turned out it was a nut. Finished my whole stash and anxiously awaiting those jelly rings.

Btw you didn’t come across like you made a fuss at all. I’m impressed with the manufacturer’s gesture! Really nice!

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 9:14 pm
I didn’t even need to read your post. The title was enough.

My reflexive answer was no. Do not share.

Then I read your post and my answer is still no. Free chocolate. It’s yours. Hide. Do not share.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 9:19 pm
Is this a public thread?
If so, and any of OP's family is reading, you do know that she changed details. It was really brussell sprouts, and they're in the downstairs freezer, in foil marked chocolate chip cookies.
You're welcome.

crust

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 9:22 pm
Never OP. What's the question even.

Chocolate is sacred. Never share anything about it with anyone. I dont believe in Ayin Hara but with chocolate its different.

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 9:49 pm
I agree with all of the above.
We have such wise Imas on this message board!

I feel compelled to put in my two chocolate covered roasted almonds: not only should you hide the chocolate, but you should make sure to seal it in an air-tight container, so maintain freshness as you eat it. Once you have finished with the chocolate, you can safely produce the jelly rings. Tadaaaaa!

Lovemy5

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 9:51 pm
iyar wrote:
It's such fun to open a thread on imamother and find I agree with everybody.

Actually, I disagree. OP should share - with me!
But not jelly rings, I don’t like those. 😆

Beingreal

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 9:52 pm
Share with us!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 9:59 pm
Ok, I'm convinced! I will have to change my hasty hiding spot for a much better one or I will be discovered. Maybe I'll even develop a taste for jelly rings by the time I'm done with the rest of the box.

Thanks for not making me feel guilty for wanting to keep the chocolate to myself! You are my people.

ces

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 10:06 pm
I'm horrified by this thread. Why is this even a question???

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 10:11 pm
Do not share.
I repeat, do not share!

I hear this week is the last week we are getting these food boxes.
Next week, when you run out of food it'll come to good use!

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 10:31 pm
What??
OP you need to do yourself a favor and get off imamother right now. There are some messed up and even divorced people giving advice here and it’s not for your good.
Of course you must share the chocolate! Why would anyone encourage selfish behavior??
This is beyond me! Phew

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 10:34 pm
All's fair in love and war...and chocolate.

zaq

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 10:35 pm
I’ll be the voice of dissension. Two pounds is an awful lot of chocolate for one person. You get half and the family gets half.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette