Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Chicken soup
Previous  1  2  3  4

gryp

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 8:15 am
Yup, that's it. Smile

cindy324

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 11:35 am
The funny thing about chicken soup is that you can go to someone's house, eat their soup, love it, ask for the exact recipe, which turns out to be 99% like your recipe, but you tweak your soup anyways to be exactly like their recipe, and it'll still won't come out tasting the same as theirs does .

Or, even if there are things added in that you never add, if YOU make it, it'll come out exactly the same as every week LOL

penina

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 5:42 pm
What's the big deal about clear soup? I like my soup brown and full of flavor. My MIL makes this clear soup with those tiny little egg noodles and its so blah. BTW if you like it clear, its all about the straining. Strain it twice with a fine strainer and you'll get it clear. Also, refrigerating it over night and skimming while it's cold makes it clearer because all the scum rises to the top.

Hannah!

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 5:55 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Mon, May 05 2008, 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

myomi

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 8:03 am
I use a mix of beef bones and chicken bones..
fill a pot 1/2 way with water,add the bones and boil till the scum accumulates,then I skim it off and add carrots,celery,zucchini,sweet potatoes,garlic,dill(I find very important),parsnips,turnip,onion..basically any vegetable.and I add pepper corns..then I let it come back to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer partically covered for a good 3-4 hrs..its always delicious.I let it cool and separate the bones and veggies...and strain the soup through a strainer in batches.
I usea bunch of vegetables to make a veg soup by pureeing them with some of the soup.I only add salt a the very end after its in my containers.
good luck!

smile

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 7:45 am
Sunshine wrote:
Two things you can do with the chicken after you cook it in the soup is you can take it out and bake it for 20-30 min uncovered so it doesn't taste like waterlogged boiled chicken. My husband at first was scared to try it and now he clames it is the juiciest and most moist chicken ever! He loves it like that! Or, another thing you can do is cut up the chicken and make chicken pot pie or fry the chicken with veggies and make a gravy and serve it with rice. Almost like chinese food or curried chicken.

On how high?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 8:44 am
smile wrote:
On how high?

Wow. People are coming out of the woodwork. I was going to point out, this was an old thread, and the poster isn't even active so maybe you're better off pm'ing her.
But I guess I don't have to tell you that. Smile
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics