Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
The right Bar Mitzvah gift

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 12:10 pm
My husband's brother in Canada just made a Bar Mitzvah and we forgot to get a gift! I can still get something. We live in Israel and we don't have a ton of money, as opposed to our relatives who do and would for sure understand if it's something small and meaningful. They were supposed to have a Bar Mitzvah trip to Israel which was cancelled because of Covid, so it would be extra meaningful if it was something uniquely Israeli. Also, this family is traditional/secular, so it could be a subtle way of inspiring the Bar Mitzvah boy, without being pushy or forward. Any ideas? We'd probably have to ship it, given that few people are flying back and forth these days. Thanks!

doctorima

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 12:44 pm
Is the olive wood store in Meah Shearim open? You could get a personalized gift there with your nephew's name on it - perhaps a tabletop shtender or something else you think he'd appreciate more. They're reasonably priced and have a nice Israeli look, and hopefully shipping should be within your budget.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 12:50 pm
I got a shofar for a colleague's son. The bar mitzvah boy liked it and the symbolism to this time of year is very nice. Just smell it before you buy. I still have a beautiful shofar in my garage airing out from my son's bar mitzvah and he's 26!

keym

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 12:55 pm
http://www.judaicarubberstamps.....10-20

This became one of my newer go to gift.
Personalized stamp in Hebrew or English, and you can add a phone number.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 1:10 pm
I realize covering up at night is annoying. But at home would be the same if they cme. At my in laws the toilets aren't on the same FLOOR as the rooms

wrong thread

Last edited by Ruchel on Fri, Aug 28 2020, 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 1:16 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
I got a shofar for a colleague's son. The bar mitzvah boy liked it and the symbolism to this time of year is very nice. Just smell it before you buy. I still have a beautiful shofar in my garage airing out from my son's bar mitzvah and he's 26!

I love this idea! Is there a way I can get the Bar Mitzvah boy's name on it some how, as an ornament, in a way that the shofar is still kosher?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics