Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What reality/contest show would you want to see?

yo'ma

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 4:01 pm
I’ve been watching a lot of contest type shows lately because when I cook, I like having it on, but I don’t have to pay attention. Are there any out there they haven’t shown yet? Do they have a photography contest show? That would be cool!

What kind would you want to see? No, I’m not a producer that’s going to put one out. Very Happy

icedcoffee

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 4:11 pm
Joke tweet I saw the other day Very Happy

I once watched a show that lasted maybe 2 seasons about interior design. The contestants each got a blank slate of a room and had to design it for various purposes and aesthetics. I thought that was so fun! I like cooking competitions a lot but you can't actually taste the final result, so it's nice when the competition is visual so you can see the end product easily over the TV.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 4:19 pm
Yeah I also like watching competition shows when I cook. It gets me into a groove, something about the rhythm of these shows and I don’t really have to pay attention to details. Recently I’ve been gravitating towards guys grocery games.

zigi

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 6:00 pm
I like amazing race. how about school shopping buying new uniforms seforim shoes etc with all of your kids. if no one looses it you win?!!!! must get all the items in the list

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 8:32 pm
Food network has lots of shows:
Cuthroat competition, chopped, beat Bobby flay

zigi

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:29 pm
rupaul drag race, next top model, sewing something, singing, lego. your right I don't think there is a show about photos or videos.

icedcoffee

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:53 pm
zigi wrote:
rupaul drag race, next top model, sewing something, singing, lego. your right I don't think there is a show about photos or videos.

Ohhh! You just reminded me of a show I totally forgot about. It was called "On the Lot" and it was produced by Steven Spielberg. Basically every week the contestants wrote and created a several-minutes-long film in response to that week's challenge, which would be a genre like "romantic comedy" or a prompt like "a guy wakes up in a dress but can't remember what happened the night before." It thought it was pretty entertaining but it was canceled after one season. The winner was supposed to get a multi million dollar deal with Dreamworks or something.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 9:53 am
Shidduch dating.

20+ years ago when DH and I were first married, there was a show called Blind Date and it was produced by Tzvi Small (think he is Jewish?).
Most recently we watched Indian Matchmaking produced by Eli Holzman and Aaron Saidman (they also sound Jewish).

I can't imagine how the show would be made interesting to the public and not end up a chillul Hashem, but it sounds fun to me. I would definitely get emotionally invested in the characters.

zaq

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 10:32 am
My show will be called”Short Friday.” The title speaks for itself.

essie14

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 10:50 am
Mine would be called 2 working spouses, 5 kids, 1 car.
Get everyone to 7 different places every morning.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 1:19 pm
How about this one? Each episode they would spend a week in a different high school.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 1:47 pm
613tv has a challa contest

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 2:48 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
Yeah I also like watching competition shows when I cook. It gets me into a groove, something about the rhythm of these shows and I don’t really have to pay attention to details. Recently I’ve been gravitating towards guys grocery games.

Same! Lately I've been watching Cutthroat Kitchen.

There's a really sweet crafting show called Making It.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics