Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Having bitachon and things worked out

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 12:32 pm
I want to share this story because I think it illustrates an important point.

On Sunday night I got an email from my supervisor that a client had left a complaint about me. The complaint was very nasty and included some very demeaning personal remarks. She asked me to call her so we could discuss.

All Sunday night I could hardly sleep.

Monday was a very busy day at work and I had no time to talk to my supervisor. I told her I'd try to call her at night, but that night I was very busy with my kids and didn't have time to call her then either.

The truth is though that I was pushing off that phone call. I was dreading it. I kept rehearsing in my mind different things I would say. Should I be apologetic? Defensive? Angry? I couldn't decide how to approach it. And how would this complaint look on my record? Was everyone talking about me? (The client had left a message with a different member of the staff who sent it to my supervisor). Was I going to be fired? Should I be looking for another job? Finally I decided to just leave it in Hashem's hands. Whatever will be, will be.

On Tuesday it was less busy and I finally had time to call. So, first thing my supervisor said was, "I just want to share some tips with you so you can avoid these types of complaints in the future." She was not accusatory at all! Her tips were actually helpful! And as to the personal remarks she said they were wrong and disrespectful and I shouldn't pay attention at all. And I had been dreading that call so much!

I'm now in a different situation (not work related) that I don't know how it will resolve and I don't have a good solution, but now I know that the best thing is to relax and put my trust in Hashem. It will work out in the best way possible.

BH Yom Yom

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 12:37 pm
Thank you for posting!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics