Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Newport, Rhode Island
Previous  1  2

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:44 am
By preg daughter is in NH. Many thing even parking at a boat beach need online reservation, tue train to summit etc. Ask if you are interested. You can swuuese out a good price on the Arlington which change ownership. They are acomodating to budgets. No kosher food anymore. Next door to an excelent chasidish shul, but they are nice to everyone, of course

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:56 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
By preg daughter is in NH. Many thing even parking at a boat beach need online reservation, tue train to summit etc. Ask if you are interested. You can swuuese out a good price on the Arlington which change ownership. They are acomodating to budgets. No kosher food anymore. Next door to an excelent chasidish shul, but they are nice to everyone, of course

Sorry, I dont understand. Where is there a chassidish shul? What is the Arlington?

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:56 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
I believe mansions are open. Cliff walk is beautiful

Heading there this weekend gd willing so I can try to report back!

Oh yes please!!

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:57 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I was at the Breakers this past Sunday. Yes the mansions are open. You need to wear masks. Probably other mansions are also open (we were on the way back from farther North so we just did the Breakers. I would recommend you go to the Breakers, and after that choose one other mansion which will cost you very little with your Breakers ticket - it's a package deal. I think The Elms is the next biggest mansion.)

Since you are expecting (B"T!) I would say do the easier Cliff walk. When you go behind the Breakers, turn left. That's the easier walk, it's fully paved and easy to do. (a right turn has the paved path ending a short distance ahead, and then there are slippery rocks to scramble over, and it's much more difficult. I wouldn't recommend that for you right now. And the view is just beautiful and there's plenty of walk on the left.)

I would also recommend you do some sort of boat ride or cruise in the area. We did one in Cape Cod, and it was beautiful. I'm sure there are boat tours in Rhode Island as well.

Enjoy!

Thanks!! Adding to itinerary Smile

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 9:25 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
I believe mansions are open. Cliff walk is beautiful

Heading there this weekend gd willing so I can try to report back!

hi! how was it??

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 10:07 pm
Which hotels in Rhode Island are recommended?

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 10:07 pm

doctorima

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 10:11 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:

As small as it is, it's still an entire state, with tons of great hotels. It would be helpful if you specified where you want to go and when, how many adults and children, your budget per night, and any amenities you are looking for.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 11:46 pm
Touro synagogue is closed due to Covid. Definitely rent scooters at Scooter World, in an hour you can do Ocean Drive, passing magnificent mansions and driving alongside the ocean. Cliff walk is gorgeous, not to be missed. Masks are mandatory.

NJmother

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 4:18 pm
Hi! Has anyone gone here yet this summer or knows whether all mansions and other activities are open as normal now? Also, can anyone vouch for whether Newport is a suitable trip for a family with small children (toddler and baby bh?) If yes, which attractions would you recommend?
Thanks in advance!!

doctorima

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 5:01 pm
For opening policies, check the websites of the Breakers and the Elms, as well as the Touro synagogue and anywhere else you had in mind to see if they currently have any Covid restrictions.

But as much as I love Newport, it's honestly not the best place for little kids. They won't enjoy it at all, and may disrupt others. I would think they'd be happier and better off in Lancaster, Cape Cod, or New Hampshire.

NJmother

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 9:14 pm
Thank you, that makes a lot of sense!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 6:35 am
Considering going here with my husband. If anyone has been here recently and can tell me if things are open/ 'back to normal' I'd appreciate it.
Also is there any kosher food anywhere driving distance? Would prefer not to shlep food along...

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 7:01 am
I think this is vegan/vegetarian. It's a local hashgacha from the Rabbi of the Touro Synagogue. Check to make sure it's still open. https://koshertripnotes.com/ro.....t-ri/
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics