Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Mothers of many, do you agree?
Previous  1  2  3

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 16 2008, 2:24 pm
From the few nights I spent with my dd in bed, though not my choice but a cop out for being unable to pick her up, I can't say I slept more. I was exhausted but I almost didn't sleep, too stressed about accidents! (yes I know some say a mother can't roll and smother the child - but the docs and nurses said it happened). So, smart FOR SOME Smile
I also didn't want to go through the trauma (for dd) of "kicking her out" to her bed. For me, the parents' room is necessary to be for their couple, and the bed even more.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 16 2008, 2:27 pm
Well, I for one cannot get to sleep with anyone (even dh) touching me, so no, I do not usually keep my baby in my bed.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 16 2008, 2:33 pm
I tolerate dh Twisted Evil

just kidding. A baby grabs me, makes noises, and would be hurt if I rolled over it.... bh dh is an adult.

chavamom

Post Wed, Jan 16 2008, 3:11 pm
How about this: "If it works for you, it's smart"? But I'm left Scratching Head at the idea that you can "prop a breast"....

Tefila

Post Wed, Jan 16 2008, 3:24 pm
Quote:
as to waking me up... lets jsut say I have not slept a full night in 10 years

Ditto .
However I do agree with some of that post you wrote Ruchel especailly about scheduling Exclamation

He*Sings*To*Me

Post Sat, Jan 19 2008, 4:59 pm
chavamom wrote:
I'm curious why this is such a mistake? Leads to more sleep for mother and baby. Sounds "smart" to me!

I am an extremely sound sleeper. Once asleep, you could run a vacuum cleaner next to the bed, and I won't hear it. With my first, I became very sleep deprived with her next to me, as I was afraid I'd roll over onto her, or knock her onto the floor (we have twin-sized beds...might be different/better in full-sized). When the mother is sleep-deprived, whether there is only one child or eight, the whole household suffers.

greentiger

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 11:28 am
I was actually thinking this over today. When I first read this it sounded completly negligent, but after I thought about it today, I came to the conclusion that while it may not be the ideal way to parent your children, every mother needs to know what works for her, and if she can't function as a loving mother if she doesn't have a good nights sleep then it's what she has to do. and bottom line is, I'm sure the kids appreciate if she is calmer and more relaxed during the day than having the option to run to her bed at night.

nylon

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 6:58 pm
I don't have a problem with expecting the older ones not to bother her (they're old enough to play quietly in their room if they can't sleep) but not with babies and especially not a 1 month old. I think if she hadn't said what she did with the infant, we wouldn't be particularly shocked--just "kol hakavod to her that she can make that work".
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics