Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Whats good to do with a few pounds of Snow Peas that wont ta

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:16 pm
Whats good to do with a few pounds of fresh Snow Peas that wont taste like pea pods?

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:17 pm
Do you want to do something with them that will make them not taste like pea pods, or do you find yourself in possession of snow peas that refuse to taste like pea pods?

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:17 pm
I stir fry with garlic, onion and whatever other veg I have around and season with ginger, sesame oil and sot sauce

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:29 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I stir fry with garlic, onion and whatever other veg I have around and season with ginger, sesame oil and sot sauce

"Snow Peas
Snow peas are also known as Chinese pea pods since they are often used in stir-fries. They are flat with very small peas inside; the whole pod is edible, although the tough “strings” along the edges are usually removed before eating. Snow peas are mildly flavored and can be served raw or cooked."

https://www.thekitchn.com/what.....05118

How does anyone remove the "strings"?

avrahamama

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:36 pm
They're delicious! They're for stir fry and blister them at a nice high heat. Soy sauce and some garlic/scallions/ginger. Enjoy!

Also if you have to many they freeze pretty well

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:48 pm
Pull the strings off like this
https://www.finecooking.com/ar.....=Here's%20how%3A,you%20would%20unzip%20a%20zipper

Add a handful to a Chinese dish along with baby corn and strips of either red pepper or julienned carrots (cut into matchsticks). Beautiful with all 3 long pieces of vegetables (and delicious).

happy12

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 2:20 pm
Olive oil and garlic. Saute until softens a little. Turn of heat. Mix in 1/4 teaspoon basil and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

tigerwife

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 3:13 pm
This is delicious- heat up some sesame oil in a large heavy pan or wok on high heat. Cut chicken into chunks, Add salt and pepper, stir fry until Cooked through and set aside. In the same pan, add 4-5 crushed garlic cloves. When browned, add snow peas and stir fry until blistered. Add cooked chicken, mix, and drizzle with hoisen sauce. Serve over rice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking