Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Dh super unsupportive of my new job

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 12:06 am
I just started a new job. Its an amazing career move. It doesn't make a lot of money and it's logistically very difficult. There's a little bit of slack with the kids that dh has to pick up on (like putting on bus in the morning) but I've made all the arrangements.

He's super not on board. I barely started and the fights are already happening. Whether I work or not, the kids will still be in school and playgroup all day, there will never be 3 course dinners, and our home will always be a little messy. I've done the sahm thing. It kills my spirit and it hasn't made me a better balabuste. So I'm not sure what all whining is about from his end.

I don't know what to do. I told him I will quit tomorrow if he wants bc I can't keep this up and honestly (I didn't say this) our marriage can't sustain it.

Then he says, oh no I'm not telling you to quit and proceeds to keep voicing his dissatisfaction with everything.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 12:09 am
If you just started maybe give it a little time for him to get used to it. Some people just need time to adjust to a new schedule/new reality - is he that type in general?

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 12:12 am
He was on board with you taking the job and is not upset or he wasn't on board to begin with?
You need to give it more time to get used to. As the days go by you'll hopefully fall into a routine and DH will hopefully not mind it as much. Try to thank him for his help and try to be understanding that it's a change for him as well and it'll take time for him to get used to it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics