Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Time sensitive question yeshiva of Waterbury

livinginflatbus

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 7:00 pm
Please tell me everything you know about this yeshiva what type of boy this caters to is it a caring place , good rebeim etc

shoshanim999

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 7:49 pm
livinginflatbus wrote:
Please tell me everything you know about this yeshiva what type of boy this caters to is it a caring place , good rebeim etc

Someone on my block sends her son there. Warm, loving, caring rabbiem. The boys are often very at risk. It's a wonderful yeshiva for those type of boys. I wouldn't recommend sending a boy who is not at risk to that yeshiva.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 7:52 pm
What do you mean by very at risk?
At risk of not staying in learning? At risk of not wearing a white shirt and black hat?

It has a good reputation. Warm atmosphere and warm rebbeim. The boys who go are not typical yeshivish boys but I wouldn't say they're "at risk" (whatever that means), they just need a lower pressure, less yeshivish environment.

shoshanim999

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 7:58 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
At risk of not staying in learning? At risk of not wearing a white shirt and black hat?

It has a good reputation. Warm atmosphere and warm rebbeim. The boys who go are not typical yeshivish boys but I wouldn't say they're "at risk" (whatever that means), they just need a lower pressure, less yeshivish environment.

Do you personally know boys who go there?

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 7:59 pm
Yes, and I worked for a post-high school yeshiva that accepted a lot of these boys, so I've seen and spoken with many of them and their parents.

shoshanim999

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 8:30 pm
allthingsblue wrote:

An at risk yeshiva means at least some of the boys struggle with keeping shabbos, or have struggled recently, some boys smoke pot, have girlfriends, and have seen very inappropriate things.

shoshanim999

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 8:39 pm
livinginflatbus wrote:

Yeshiva Birchas Shmuel in Brooklyn is geared towards helping weaker boys. They have a relaxed program and go on many trips throughout the year ranging from bowling for a few hours to skiing for 2 days.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 9:34 pm
I have a relative who went there. For those who want to learn, the yeshiva is there for them. The staff is really warm , caring, individualized to each student need. However, there is very little pressure. U want to skip davening / shiur there are no consequences. It is a very positive atmosphere with very little rules.
There are some kids on drugs, smoking, girls, movies, etc

flmommy

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 10:24 pm
Anyone have more info on this yeshiva? Is there a dorm? I’ve heard that a new Rabbi is running program that past few years. Have the kids changed or still a lot of troubled boys? How intense is the learning? Sunday and night Seder?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 11:01 pm
There are 2 yeshivos. The first one mentioned and a mesivta in nearby Naugatuck where local waterbury and out of town boys go, based off of a Telshe mehalech.

Which are you referring to?

flmommy

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 11:15 pm
Hmmm good question the one run by Rabbi Kalish that is for out of the box boys.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 8:35 am
That's the one that the thread is about then 🙂
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics