Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lkwd doctors warn about the lack of COVID precautions
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 12:24 am
mommy201 wrote:
I am almost positive that the cases coming from schools in Lakewood were linked to the teachers and rebbeim. It was not the children spreading it. I need to find my sources, but definitely read that children are way less likely to be spreaders and especially if they are asymptomatic. I think parents need to be careful that if their children have any symptoms, to keep them home. And maybe the teacher and staff should wear the masks and make sure they are feeling okay.
I really feel it’s more detrimental to kids overall emotional, physical and mental well-being to wear a mask then to not. I am not a doctor, this just feels like common sense to me. I don’t believe there are enough facts on either side to prove that the benefits outweigh the risks or vice versa.

My grandchildren (of various ages) are wearing masks with minimal to no complaints. If parents are positive and matter-or-fact about it, kids tend to accept it without a fuss. If parents are displeased and upset about it, children tend to absorb their attitude.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 2:03 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
My grandchildren (of various ages) are wearing masks with minimal to no complaints. If parents are positive and matter-or-fact about it, kids tend to accept it without a fuss. If parents are displeased and upset about it, children tend to absorb their attitude.

The schools made them with logos so that it's part of the uniform. I can't say that my grandchildren are jumping for joy about it but they are so far (those who started school already) doing it. The parents are trying to balance safety with giving the kids a normal life. They don't want the kids to get nightmares from all of the scary talk about the virus.

DrMom

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 4:21 am
southernbubby wrote:
The schools made them with logos so that it's part of the uniform.

Clever idea

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 10:19 am
My kids school (not NJ or NY) requires masks on all staff and kids pre1 and up. Preschool kids are advised to and they try but they know it isn't possible to mandate it because kids that age (3-4) are so little and will just pull it off. My kid does their best.
They are being lax on uniform requirements in terms of masks- any color allowed, just no media characters, nothing scary etc. (so glad, it would be too hard to find only navy or whatever). kids are excited for a way to be different! I saw colors, animals, baseballs.... This way they remember to wear it and there is less of a fight!

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 10:30 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
My kids school (not NJ or NY) requires masks on all staff and kids pre1 and up. Preschool kids are advised to and they try but they know it isn't possible to mandate it because kids that age (3-4) are so little and will just pull it off. My kid does their best.
They are being lax on uniform requirements in terms of masks- any color allowed, just no media characters, nothing scary etc. (so glad, it would be too hard to find only navy or whatever). kids are excited for a way to be different! I saw colors, animals, baseballs.... This way they remember to wear it and there is less of a fight!

I wonder if your school is also my school Hi I have a kindergartener and first grader who have no problem wearing masks. The other kids are wearing theirs too. My almost 3 year old was not a fan initially, but seems to be coming around. He was not initially a fan of his kippah either, but got over that too.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries