Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Grocery Lists
Previous  1  2

lilies

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 5:02 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I have two parts to my list:

The first part is our regular staples for breakfast/lunch like fruit, milk, bread, eggs, cream cheese, yogurt, wraps nut butter, as well as school snacks. We usually go through that stuff fast enough that a grocery trip always requires it.

The second part is ingredients for dinner. I use a paid service for my weekly menu that gives me the grocery list but you can also do it yourself. Sit down one night a week, decide what you are cooking and then write down all the ingredients you need. Each week is different. I just take my list and check it off as I go through the store.

Which paid service do you use?

cbg

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 5:26 pm
I do both
I make a shopping list and go up and down the isles in case I see something I didn’t think of
My shopping list is divided by by produce, dry and can goods, kosher store, meat, chicken, fish, disposables and non food items

Cleaning supplies I usually buy on- line, mostly from Walmart

Gneshe

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 5:36 pm
I use the free app called, Our Groceries. You can add multiple lists and share with all your family members so they can add or cross off items. The items stay on the list so that you can easily put them back on when you need to replenish. Many times I just go over what was crossed off in the past and put the items back on as I need them. I have yom tov lists, different store lists, packing lists and more and the whole family can share it. Anybody can check the list of they step into a store. It's really convenient for me.

mha3484

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 5:42 pm
lilies wrote:
Which paid service do you use?

Prep and rally

melbee

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 6:19 pm
We meal plan Sunday morning and use that to determine what we'll need dinner-wise. During the week, any time I notice we're low on a regular item I text myself and then on Sunday I go through all the texts from that week and add the items to the list.

boogiebabe

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 6:33 pm
OP, I think the ideas here are great. I'm going to share a crazy idea.
Use your grocery receipt to build your shopping list.
This helps if you need to order for delivery, because you have a list of all the things you "remembered" in the store last time.

If you shop at a modern store which asks for your phone number during each purchase and checks out with a computer, they have a record of all your purchases and the receipt is DETAILED. I have even asked for my receipts for the 2 weeks before yom tov the year before, to determine what I bought and prepared. PLEASE don't overuse this service, because the supermarket will start to charge for it.

imanonymous

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 9:03 pm
delete
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics