Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Time sensitive - do I share my free chocolate?
Previous  1  2  3  4

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:04 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Are you sure you have the mint filling and not the orange? The individually wrapped? (There’s also a company that’s not individually wrapped and we don’t like those. I know the look of the boxes but forgot the companies) We had them every Shabbos until covid. My kids are disappointed every week anew that it’s still not back. Can you PM me which grocery sells it? Willing to travel anywhere in the tristate area for them.

The real mcCoy comes from England
Paskez makes a cheap knock off

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 2:17 am
So I opened the box. I ate some chocolate. It's not the best quality, but I guess you get what you pay for. Viennese crunch is still my favorite. The coconut and nougat ones are pretty good. The raspberry creams are meh and I still don't love jelly rings but they're not as bad as I remembered.

Aylat

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 2:34 am
keym wrote:
I disagree. 2 lbs of chocolate is the exact right amount to get a family through 1 day of distance learning. Trust me. I have experience from last spring.
Personally I think every family needs a 10 lb emergency stash, together with 2 cases of toilet paper, just in case your family has to go into quarantine or resume distance learning.

This! I said at the beginning of lockdown I was shocked that there was no run on chocolate supplies.

Aylat

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 2:36 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
The real mcCoy comes from England
Paskez makes a cheap knock off

It's called After Eight. (Not CY.)

4g01o

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 3:10 am
Aylat wrote:
It's called After Eight. (Not CY.)

Yes they're after eights but they aren't allowed anymore. For years already. I miss them but these newish kosher thin mints are good too!

WitchKitty

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 6:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I opened the box. I ate some chocolate. It's not the best quality, but I guess you get what you pay for. Viennese crunch is still my favorite. The coconut and nougat ones are pretty good. The raspberry creams are meh and I still don't love jelly rings but they're not as bad as I remembered.

I was okay until now.
NOW I want chocolate. The nougat I think. And all the stores are closed by now.
Listen, we're all nice and let you have your chocolate, until you start eating.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 9:10 am
Too much chocolate. Not enough sleep. I am so nauseous right now. I am a cautionary tale ladies. Don't do what I did.

I will wait at least another day or two before eating more chocolate.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 9:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Too much chocolate. Not enough sleep. I am so nauseous right now. I am a cautionary tale ladies. Don't do what I did.

I hugged you because there's something wrong here. Wait a day or two? Are you even a woman? How could you wait a day or two to eat more chocolate?

Edited to add:
I was chosheid bekshairim asking if you're a real woman. What happened was you were temporarily nauseous from the chocolate and you will realize in about 2 hours that you need more

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 9:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Na, you’re a lost cause. You don’t understand chocolate. You should’ve sent me the whole box.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 4:32 pm
PSA
Shufras thin mint chocolate is back in stock. Mazel tov! Life is looking bright again!
Now if anyone spots Ragusa in the tristate area please let me know!
Oh and OP, how’s the stash going? At the rate you were going I assume you forgot about it and will find it in the hidden location sometime before pesach!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 9:38 pm
It's dwindling rapidly! All that's left is some of the Viennese crunch and the jelly rings.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 9:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's dwindling rapidly! All that's left is some of the Viennese crunch and the jelly rings.

Viennese crunch lasting this long? Are you seriously okay?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 9:44 pm
I save the best for last!

Well, probably the jelly rings will be last because I confirmed that I really don't like them. I'm going to sneak them into our family nosh stash for the kids to discover.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 9:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I save the best for last!

Well, probably the jelly rings will be last because I confirmed that I really don't like them. I'm going to sneak them into our family nosh stash for the kids to discover.

Alright. I can hear that. I won’t question your sanity any longer. (Just because I always preach not to judge. In reality, I am so questioning your sanity.)
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette