Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Monsey school
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 4:17 pm
So many switched to the new minkatch. I'm so so curious what the differences will turn out to be . I feel its same parent body , what was the purpose even for opening up munkatch? Bnois derech yisroel was officially for munkatch parents as I understood.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 5:08 pm
Even if it’s the same, competition is always a good thing. Never enough schools in monsey.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 5:24 pm
Monsey can use more neutral schools. There's enough students for both schools. I understood Munkatch will be more strict than BDY. I know some people that took out from Satmer, Pupa, and Bais Trany and put into Munkatch.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 6:16 pm
BDY will be stricter this year as well.
#competition

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 6:27 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
BDY will be stricter this year as well.
#competition

Yep I heard this as well. Which is defeating the purpose of those schools in a way. We need neutral more lax schools.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 7:05 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Yep I heard this as well. Which is defeating the purpose of those schools in a way. We need neutral more lax schools.

I know. But not sure if that can happen in Monsey. They all end up going to the right once there's competition. Oh well.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 8:41 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I know. But not sure if that can happen in Monsey. They all end up going to the right once there's competition. Oh well.

I believe these 2 will still be the most lax chassidish school in monsey. The parents stay the same even though the schools try to enforce different standards.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 9:32 pm
Very big compatition. I heard bnois derech yisroel will still b the thing. It's politic stuff...

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 9:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Very big compatition. I heard bnois derech yisroel will still b the thing. It's politic stuff...

Schools too? I thought only covid is political!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 12:40 am
BDY is an AMAZING school!
Munkatch is new only time can tell what it will turn out to be.
But already they are more lenient with rules

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 2:59 am
I personally took out of bdy and changing my girls to munkatch. We were happy with bdy cuz we didn’t have better. Once we heard munkatch is opening we ran for it. We have our boys in munkatch cheder and it’s amazing. Same ppl will be running the school so we’re expecting the school to be as amazing as the cheder is..
Thought parent body would be more heimish/chasidish but what I see it’s the same type as poster wrote.
Bdy accepts everyone and I’m hoping munkatch will be more picky as ppl who don’t dress as they should shouldn’t be accepted..
Either case competition is great so girls staying in bdy will have it better iyh”
So glad another school opened. Yes there’s enough students for both to fill up iyh”.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 9:23 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:

Out of curiosity what rules are more lenient?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 9:58 am

Who's more lenient? Munkatch is supposed to be more strict that BDY.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 10:51 am
Both will now be stricter, wait and see.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 1:04 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Who's more lenient? Munkatch is supposed to be more strict that BDY.

I dont have girls school aged children. But I am going to soon so I am doing my research. And saw both school booklets and munkatch was more lenient with tznius rules.....

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 1:17 pm
I also think it's great to have a neutral school. Lets wait and see. In any event competition is always better for the consumer.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 3:47 pm
I dont have girls school aged children. But I am going to soon so I am doing my research. And saw both school booklets and munkatch was more lenient with tznius rules.....

Can you tell us in what way munkatch was more lenient? Which specific rule?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 4:09 pm
I think munkatch focos will be mostly on the academic part .

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 5:22 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
I personally took out of bdy and changing my girls to munkatch. We were happy with bdy cuz we didn’t have better. Once we heard munkatch is opening we ran for it. We have our boys in munkatch cheder and it’s amazing. Same ppl will be running the school so we’re expecting the school to be as amazing as the cheder is..
Thought parent body would be more heimish/chasidish but what I see it’s the same type as poster wrote.
Bdy accepts everyone and I’m hoping munkatch will be more picky as ppl who don’t dress as they should shouldn’t be accepted..
Either case competition is great so girls staying in bdy will have it better iyh”
So glad another school opened. Yes there’s enough students for both to fill up iyh”.

Just curious how was your girls first day?
How many girls are in their class?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 5:25 pm
Just curious how was your girls first day?
How many girls are in their class?

My friend took her girls out of BDY and registered to Munkatch. She went to Munkatch orientation with the girls and was shocked at the tzenuis standards of some Munkatch mothers. She put her girls back in BDY! At first Munkatch said they'll be stricter with Tzenuis but it doesn't seem to be true.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children