Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Grill on y"t

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 8:19 pm
I'm trying to make my Rosh Hashana menu and I'm just wondering what the halachos are for using a gas grill on y"t?

dankbar

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 8:23 pm
On my griddle that I use as hotplate, that stays plugged in on yom tov, I sometimes place meat on it to grill on a parchment paper.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 2:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm trying to make my Rosh Hashana menu and I'm just wondering what the halachos are for using a gas grill on y"t?

Your biggest problem is going to be that you can’t turn it off so you’ll have to wait until the tank runs out on your own. Charcoal grills are doable, gas not so much

solo

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 3:53 am
We’ve done it. But only on the last day cuz u can’t turn off the grill and have to leave it to run out of gas. We leave the grill in an area the kids don’t have access to

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 6:55 am
Use a charcoal grill.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 7:49 am
Either charcoal or last day and leave on until after.
Or you can use a mini grill with mini propane. Will burn out faster.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 7:52 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Your biggest problem is going to be that you can’t turn it off so you’ll have to wait until the tank runs out on your own. Charcoal grills are doable, gas not so much

We grill occasionally the last day so the grill only burns for a few hours until motzei yom tov

cnc

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 7:53 am
I’ve done it many times .
But the grill is connected to the gas line.

ChanieMommy

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 8:05 am
Youcould light it with the fire from the candle, but how would you turn it off? Coal grill might work, because you could just leave it to extinguish itself...

chanchy123

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 8:14 am
We use a charcoal grill all the time on YT, but not on RH usually, I know people who use a chagaz, gas timer for YT (what we use for the gas stove) in their gas grill. Or let the gas run out.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 9:01 am
chanchy123 wrote:
We use a charcoal grill all the time on YT, but not on RH usually, I know people who use a chagaz, gas timer for YT (what we use for the gas stove) in their gas grill. Or let the gas run out.

We use a charcoal grill on Yom tov all the time. We have used a small propane grill with small propane bottle and let it go out on its own.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen