Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Guest inviting guest
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 1:48 pm
happyone wrote:
Happens alot at my house. I've invited people for pesach and they asked if they can bring a divorced friend. I gladly had them as I had room. Yeshiva boys ask all the time. as long as it's not sleepover guest, why not?
As long as you're comfortable being honest about it, I dont see something wrong. At least for us it works. I can see others having a hard time with it if they cook very specific to numbers of ppl or if it's a rigid household.

It is a sleepover guest. Person A and Person B don't live in the same city.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 1:52 pm
healthymom1 wrote:
Not off. Maybe they like having someone to chat with at night or go on walks with when host is unavailable.
I tell my guests to bring a guest if they'd like to.

As I wrote in my OP, I get why it would be convenient for Person A and how it would enhance her Shabbos. But the host isn't a random host, the host is a friend of Person A who invited her to spend time with her. Bringing a third person into the house, not just for a meal, who is only known to one party seemed to me to be a bit weird.

I would think it equally weird if Person B would invite a different relative or friend who does not know Person A to be there for this first Shabbos they're spending together.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 2:14 pm
Why are trying to find people to back you up that it’s weird? It’s normal enough, even if not everyone would do it. It’s like you’re looking for problems.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 2:15 pm
And whenever I invite friends of mine or dh in that age bracket, I ALWAYS ask if they want to bring a friend or two. It’s easier for everyone this way, and much less pressure on the hosting side.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 3:08 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Why are trying to find people to back you up that it’s weird? It’s normal enough, even if not everyone would do it. It’s like you’re looking for problems.

Yes, not sure what you are looking for, op. Some people agree with you. Some don't. Why are you continuing to argue? If you can't handle it, either say something to her or don't invite her anymore.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 6:31 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
And whenever I invite friends of mine or dh in that age bracket, I ALWAYS ask if they want to bring a friend or two. It’s easier for everyone this way, and much less pressure on the hosting side.

That's nice of you!

amother
Green

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 6:39 pm
Honestly, depends on many things. Person A might feel uncomfortable because person B is married (she has a husband and possibly kids too) therefore person A wants to bring a friend. I think that makes a lot of sense and if person B doesn’t like that idea, say no.
Personally, a friend of mine asked to come for shabbos and I told her I’d love to have her but come with someone. I have a husband and don’t want to feel like I need to entertain a friend. This is the reason I don’t have my little siblings and nieces over even though they beg me to come. I can’t be busy entertaining ppl. Iyh when I have my own kids it’ll be different, but until then...
In any case, I would take it as a compliment if someone asked to come with a friend, it means they’re comfortable bringing others to my house and obv my house is warm enough and welcoming.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics