Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Ha'or Beacon / Ohr Dovid 2019-2020

drlshaffer

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 3:36 pm
Ha'or Beacon / Ohr Dovid 2019-2020

Can anyone tell me about the behavior part of the program at this school, what it entailed, how well it worked for your son, any information about the school would be welcome.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 7:39 am
When I sent my son there they used a lot of ABA type reward/time out system. The boys could earn points for fun activities and lose points for negative behavior. Overall the principle and teachers really care about the boys and try to individualize the program for them. I was happy with the school.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 8:27 am
I'm starting to send this year so I don't know yet how it will work out

livinginisrael

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 8:32 am
This will be my 3rd year there. We love the school.
They do a great job. All.the teachers and staff are very loving and caring.
They work with each kid on their level.
My son lovvvveess school bh.
My son has behavioral issues and they are able to handle him very well.
Can pm me

drlshaffer

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 1:49 pm
Thank you so much for your replies.
I've finally made the decision that my son will start there this year.

amother
Cyan

Post Sat, Sep 05 2020, 9:50 pm
My son goes there, this will be our 3rd year.

Its a wonderful school. The staff and administration are supportive and work hard to help each child succeed.
Our son feels excited to go to school each day. The classes are small and the boys receive a lot of attention.

It was the best decision to send our son to Beacon he is thriving there

mom24b

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 9:35 pm
Do they have friends? My understanding is there are many kids there that have social challenges so I’m wondering about sending a child with adhd challenges there. Who do they socialize with? Where do they go for yeshiva highschool? Do they mainstream?

naomi2

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 5:43 pm
mom24b wrote:
Do they have friends? My understanding is there are many kids there that have social challenges so I’m wondering about sending a child with adhd challenges there. Who do they socialize with? Where do they go for yeshiva highschool? Do they mainstream?

I pmd you:)

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 6:22 pm
My son is there, I believe its the hidden gem of the "gray-zone special needs" world. My son has both ADHD and social challenges, but not every kid does. The unlikeliest friendships develop, and they are extremely regulated to ensure no bullying, etc. The kids are very aware of each other's strengths and limitations (I.e. they'll verbally discuss how this one has a hard time with his temper, and that one with his patience... and they look out for each other in the sweetest way and learn real tolerance.) They often do group classes by these differences (I.e. one 5th grade class of boys whose primary struggle is adhd, and the other 5th grade class is more socially / emotionally challenged.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)