Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Teachers' Salaries for all Ages, Subjects
Previous  1  2

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Jan 21 2008, 10:12 pm
I'm a sales director in the skin care/ cosmetics field. And funny.... I'm not the only one I know with a masters in education who had to leave the teaching field to make more money who came exactly to the same conclusion I did and went the same direction.

Sadly, my husband works a LOT more hours than I do. By choice, I'm working very part time--- my twins are just 12 months old. I have no idea how schools keep teachers---- it's a VERY VERY tough job with very little reward. My husband has the koach for it to go for the long term despite the low pay and the other flaws, but I just didn't.

Now if teachers could be paid like babysitters---- THAT might be worth it. I pay a babysitter $10 per hour for 2 kids. So that's $5 per hour per child, right?

ok, how many students are in each of your classes? 15? So that's $75 per class? How many classes do you teach per day? 5? ok that's $375 a day.... now we're talking. Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics