Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Meal prep for weight loss ideas

cookiewriter

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 6:36 pm
Hi all. Need to pick everyone’s brains - what are things you make for yourself at the beginning of the week to have healthy options around your house. Not talking suppers now. But just so when you get starving you have something healthy and non fattening to grab? Thanks

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 6:42 pm
Here are some ideas I've come up with (that I never implemented, but maybe you'll have more success!)

- cut up fruit and/or veggies in advance. Quick and easy to pull out when you come home.
- pretzels and hummus - not dietetic but not a terrible option in moderation.
- make crockpot dinners that are ready when you come home.

mum22

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 6:45 pm
I make mini egg quiches that I microwave when I need to.
It’s basically whisked eggs with seasoning and vegetables.
I do onions, pepper, broccoli...
Use individual muffin cases or individual foil containers.
Bake, freeze and reheat as necessary.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 6:53 pm
We cook large amounts of food for Shabbat and basically eat it all week. Right now I have in my fridge shepherds pie made with ground beef and broccoli spinach purée, rib steak, chicken breasts, separate broccoli purée, cut up jicama, soup with vegetables, chicken balls and ground chicken, lamb souvlaki skewers, chopped liver, pickled eggs, tehina, pareve tzatziki( avocado mayo and coconut milk base.)

We always have cheese, heavy cream, migdal tower cheese ( for making crisps) cream cheese and butter. We have some smoked salmon in the freezer as well as various frozen meats and soup bases. We also really like these lamb sausages we get with salt and lamb. Only. We sous vide and then reheat gently.

To clarify, we don’t really snack, we eat when hungry and intermittently fast.

I just want to add that this may not be the answer you expected for this question. However between my husband, my son, my daughter and I, we have lost 245 lbs eating like this.

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Sun, Sep 06 2020, 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 8:00 pm
Sliced frozen bananas
Apples, grapes, clementines
Rice cakes
Peanut butter
Tuna
Hard boiled eggs
Nuts

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 8:07 pm
Breakfast is hard for me when I have to run out the door in the morning. I make 3 or 4 overnight oats for the week so I have something to take with me easily.

I use half cup of whole oats, hemp seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla, coconut sugar, cocoa nibs or powder, and a spoon of peanut butter or any nut butter. Pour unsweetened almond milk to cover. Mix a little and keep in the fridge. They stay good for up to 5 days IMO. This is very versatile and you can basically add/substitute/leave out whatever you want.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 9:18 pm
Fruit that requires no prep- think grapes, apples, mandarin oranges. Baby carrots and mini hummus or mini guacamole.

lamplighter

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 9:38 pm
Fruit
nuts
cheese
crackers
rice cakes
almond butter
baby carrots
greek yogurt

ima22

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 9:44 pm
I keep a lot of basic building blocks for my meals and prep components that will last for several days.

Some examples include
Veggies I eat with my breakfast
Cottage cheese (also for breakfast)
Roasted vegetables
Tuna with minced vegetables
Chicken
Brocolli and cauliflower
Salmon
Cut up fruit
Measured out single servings of nuts
Hard boiled eggs
Plain Greek yogurt

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 9:50 pm
Chick peas.

Nuts.

Quick one minute oatmeal - add salt, sugar to taste, pour boiling water over it, let sit for a few minutes, and voila! Instant meal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise