Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Two questions for Elul

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 5:10 pm
Recently I've been reflecting on the double standards we have for others and for ourselves. I really want to hear what you all think, so before I share my ideas, I'll post the questions:

1. What makes you like another person?

Specifically: What makes you truly admire and respect another person, on a deep gut level (not lip service respect)? What attracts you to another person, makes you want to be their friend? What makes you describe another person as beautiful? What are the highest possible compliments you can give another person? What qualities inspire you to emulate another person? What sort of legacy is most impressive to you?

2. Answer with complete honesty: What's your ideal version of yourself?

Specifically: What would make you feel best about yourself? Who would you be if you could be anything and everything you chose? What would you need to be like in order to be your best self and be happiest with who you are? What do you want your legacy to be, and how does that match or mismatch the rest of your answers to this question?

ChanieMommy

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 5:31 pm
1. I truly admire and people who know their stuff, who have true knowledge of what they do, who know why they do it, and who are passionate about work well done. Work could be anything, tiling roofs, educating children, rocket science...

2: Strangely I became much more like what I would like to be when I stopped striving, when I learned to accept myself and others to relax, serenity, taking things the way they are... on the hand it's also nice to have ambitions and goals...

...but I truly stopped believing in the torah of "Self-improvement", because I made the experience that people who tell you to self-improve in general try to lead you away from who you are and try to make you subservant to them. So I have a healthy dose of scepticism towards "self-improvement"-gurus and discourse...

Also, once you get older - you will run slower, you will walk slower, you will remember less easily, eventually you will move with more difficulty... So this whole spirit of higher, quicker, stronger does not apply from a certain age...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational