Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Please help me choose our new bathroom tiles

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 11:08 pm
We have a small house. our main bathroom Is 3”6’ x 3”6’. We have one good size window.
I’m stuck because I need to choose the shower and floor tiles and I have no idea what to choose. Can you please give me few ideas and suggestions? TIA

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 11:13 pm
How much are you looking to spend? Do you have a color scheme or preference?

Home Depot has some very affordable options.

Marble Grey is very classy and in-style.

www.homedepot.com/p/MSI-Kolasu.....27445

gingleale

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 11:13 pm
I would choose bigger tiles over the teeny tiny ones because they have less grout and are easier to keep clean.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 11:21 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
How much are you looking to spend? Do you have a color scheme or preference?

Home Depot has some very affordable options.

Marble Grey is very classy and in-style.

www.homedepot.com/p/MSI-Kolasu.....27445

I don’t have a color scheme. I think I would like something clean and modern maybe light colors. My budget is medium. Not too expensive but not the cheapest. Is the marble gray both for the floor and shower tiles. What about the shower floor. I want something not especially trendy since I’m probably not going to remodel again Thanks.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 11:25 pm
Some people do the floor and shower the same tile, and some people do it differently. The white or grey marble is definitely the way to go if you like it. It creates a very light, airy, modern, and classy look in a bathroom. You can add a contrasting or darker color smaller tile border in the shower to give it some color and contrast.

It also depends if you want tile with a shine or not.

Do you want the shower to have a matte or shiny look?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 11:25 pm
gingleale wrote:
I would choose bigger tiles over the teeny tiny ones because they have less grout and are easier to keep clean.

Thanks for the advise. Do bigger tiles a good for a small bathroom?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 11:28 pm
Some people do the floor and shower the same tile, and some people do it differently. The white or grey marble is definitely the way to go if you like it. It creates a very light, airy, modern, and classy look in a bathroom. You can add a contrasting or darker color smaller tile border in the shower to give it some color and contrast.

It also depends if you want tile with a shine or not.

Do you want the shower to have a matte or shiny look?
I was thinking the shower shiny and the floor matte. Sometimes they have the same tile in shiny and matte. What do you mean by tile border in the shower ?
What about the shower floor if I do the shower wall and the bathroom floor the marble that you suggested which looks very classy and beautiful. We have the cabinet already it is charcoal with white counter.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 12:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the advise. Do bigger tiles a good for a small bathroom?

I did bigger tiles for the floor, really glad I did. We did dark gray floor and smaller white tiles in the shower. I could've gone for a little bigger in the shower but it's fine. Glad I didn't go with the very small ones. (I liked the look more, but I remembered being frustrated with my kitchen backslash because of this.)
I love simple hexagon tiles in a shower.

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 1:04 am
I redid a few bathrooms recently.

They came out beautiful. Pm me and I can send you pictures

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 1:15 am
Yes, you could do matte floor and shiny tile shower. That shouldn't be too hard to find the same type of tile, especially if you go with the light grey marble.

What I mean by a border is if you want to bring in another color or bring in smaller tiles, you can do that as a border in the shower, about five feet up.

The image I attached doesn't show the correct colors or tiles of the bathroom or shower, but you get the idea of a "border". You can do lighter blue mosaic tiles that match with the light grey marble in the shower.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 2:20 am
Yes, you could do matte floor and shiny tile shower. That shouldn't be too hard to find the same type of tile, especially if you go with the light grey marble.

What I mean by a border is if you want to bring in another color or bring in smaller tiles, you can do that as a border in the shower, about five feet up.

The image I attached doesn't show the correct colors or tiles of the bathroom or shower, but you get the idea of a "border". You can do lighter blue mosaic tiles that match with the light grey marble in the shower.

Thanks but The image is not showing.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 2:20 am
causemommysaid wrote:

I will pm you now. Thanks

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 10:00 am
Is white or beige good colors. I like the gray marble but is gray a good happy color?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 11:12 am
causemommysaid wrote:

I pm you. Looking forward to see your pictures.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 2:29 am
If anyone can post here pictures of bathroom ideas I will appreciate it very much. TIA
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics