Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do people leave imamother without saying goodbye?
Previous  1  2

Jewishmom8

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 5:03 am
Success10 wrote:
Does anyone remember Dolly Welsh?

I do!

tigerwife

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 9:05 am
Success10 wrote:
Does anyone remember Dolly Welsh?

You were gone for a while, too! I remember you from when I lived in Israel, then I took a break and when I came back, the active poster rotation changed.

Success10

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 9:09 am
tigerwife wrote:
You were gone for a while, too! I remember you from when I lived in Israel, then I took a break and when I came back, the active poster rotation changed.

I was off for years. But when Corona broke out, the world felt very unstable and needed to be on a forum with other women going through the same thing. Now I'm just hooked again.

Maybe I'll unhook myself at some point.

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 9:14 am
I think one of the rules is we're not to speculate about missing sheep.

dankbar

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 9:14 am
People come and go. Different posters take center stage at diff times. Did anyone realize that there are so many new posters daily. I dont remember seeing such an influx as lately. Anyone else?
So many new names I see popping up, it's hard to keep up

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 9:42 am
One of the rules of "netiquette" (internet manners) is that if you are upset, do NOT announce that you are leaving. It's called "flouncing", and just stirs up drama. Some people flounce because they really enjoy it when people say "Oh, we love you! Please don't go!"

I've had private PMs and emails from posters who have told me that they will be leaving, either forever, or just for a break. The reason is always because other posters are being insensitive, willfully obtuse, or just plain hateful.

Sometimes people need to leave to protect their own boundaries and mental health.

You may call them snowflakes, or too delicate to be on the internet, or too PC, or whatever. Just remember that your harsh words can drive another Ima off of what might be the best support group she can find.

I've read posters speculating how many Imas on this board are Jews of Color. Let me tell you, there are a LOT fewer than there were a month ago. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves. There will be much to answer for at 120.

watergirl

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 9:51 am
zaq wrote:
I think one of the rules is we're not to speculate about missing sheep.

Correct.

Locking this thread.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics