Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What age?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 6:24 am
what age can a little girl start wearing a necklace? also, can I put short frilly socks with a shabbos dress for the winter for two year old, or fore sure go with cotton tights due to the cold?

glamourmom

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 6:49 am
it's all personal but I do a necklace around 2-3 years old.
if they are wearing a dress or skirt rather than leggings I'd do tights. the kid shouldn't suffer for cuteness.

Last edited by glamourmom on Tue, Sep 08 2020, 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Blessing1

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 6:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
what age can a little girl start wearing a necklace? also, can I put short frilly socks with a shabbos dress for the winter for two year old, or fore sure go with cotton tights due to the cold?

I've seen necklaces on little baby girls but I think under 18mnths it's a chocking hazard. I think for a 2 year old it's ok.
Please don't put socks on a baby in the winter, it's cold!!! Would you like to wear short socks in the winter? I see babies with short socks in the freezing cold and I'm always thinking to myself what these mother's are thinking.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 6:57 am
Blessing1 wrote:
Please don't put socks on a baby in the winter, it's cold!!! Would you like to wear short socks in the winter? I see babies with short socks in the freezing cold and I'm always thinking to myself what these mother's are thinking.

Yes, this! I do babysitting, and when kids come like that, I want to tell the mother she should try to go outside like that! Sometimes I think of putting the kids on tights myself.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 6:58 am
I use necklaces from when they walk. I put it on before we go out and take it off when we get home. I'm very careful not to leave it on overnight.
Regarding the socks- I personally hate tights on a 2 year old so I try to find cute shabbos outfits that are tops and pants sets. For the one or two events that she will wear her Yom Tov dresses or her shul dresses, I put on socks and cover her super well with a blanket or two, I think that's thicker than tights. It depends on where you live though, if you're in Canada or some other colder place I'd probably do leggings and take it off at the simcha or whatever unless it was cold inside as well.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 6:58 am
According to health guidelines, children under 3 should not wear necklaces. If you are still cutting up grapes and hot dogs, then you should not put her in loose jewelry.

If you want to put on a necklace, make sure it has a quick release on the clasp, so that if it gets caught on anything it will unclasp and fall off without pulling too hard.

If you need to dress her up, hair bows are so much safer, and there's an endless variety to choose from.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 7:09 am
[quote="FranticFrummie"]According to health guidelines, children under 3 should not wear necklaces. If you are still cutting up grapes and hot dogs, then you should not put her in loose jewelry.

ok thank you all. just to go off on a PSA tangent... I still slice hot dogs down the middle for myself and my whole family. had a close family member choke (not a baby) and hot dogs are the perfect shape to get lodged in ones throat. you have to cut the long way or it can still get stuck.

dankbar

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 7:34 am
If you davka want dresses you can wear leggings underneath little dress for that age in winter

bsy

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 8:52 am
No one has daughters like mine who insisted on tights??

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 8:56 am
I personally prefer to put leggings on little girls because they don't yet know how to properly sit while wearing a skirt.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 8:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Short socks with a shabbos dress only indoors. Or for YT if the weather is mild outside.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics