Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Stubborn chin hair

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 6:36 am
What can I do to get rid of stubborn hair on the corners of my chin. I tweeze but the problem is that my skin there is now constantly irritated and scabs over. Sp I look terrible.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 6:51 am
Argh! This is the story of my life.
It’s all hormonal, so if you still are going through pregnancies, hair still may grow up. I’ve tried everything on the market, it all worked till I got pregnant Repeat again and again.
I’ve made peace with it. I keep waxing.
I am currently pregnant and I still want to have a child or 2.
So I won’t be thinking about anything permanent till then.
Please be careful with scabs as if you go on the sun, it might leave a scar.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 6:59 am
I struggled with awful chin hair for years! I'd have a beard by the 2nd day yom tov. I finally did laser and it's the best decision ever. Don't know why I didn't do it sooner. I have slight pcos so I need longer treatment but I'm seeing amazing results bh.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 7:03 am
try waxing strips

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 7:05 am
For the mom who did laser, I've heard conflicting reviews some say it stimulates more hair growth. Where did you so laser? I would travel for someone good.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 7:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For the mom who did laser, I've heard conflicting reviews some say it stimulates more hair growth. Where did you so laser? I would travel for someone good.

Bh it's gotten better and not worse. It does not stimulate more hair growth. By now I don't need to shave between sessions anymore bh. I'm in Monsey, I use luxe laser.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 7:11 am
I've done full face laser twice: one series as a young teen, and one series in my late twenties. Both times it was great and did not stimulate more hair. However, after my third pregnancy the hair did come back. Not as dark or as full as before, but enough that I wanted to get it done again.

I often hear people on imamother say not to laser your face, but I used licensed, good professionals both times (two diff cities) and they both told me it's fine and works well for facial hair too.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 7:14 am
Amother salmon: can you please tell me who you have used?

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 7:40 am
When I put on a foaming face mask once every week or two (that doesn't harden) I shave the area.

I have blonde hair so you don't really see it when it's super short.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 7:44 am
I hear electrolysis is good for chin area. Anyone tried?

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 8:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I did laser in e"y on my chin and found it stimulated a lot more growth. When I came back to America I did electrylosis. BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE!!!! It is time consuming... took about a full 2 years before I had absolutely nothing. BH I took care of it after sem so when I was a kallah a few years later I was clean and super happy

I was veryyyyy hairy. Hair was thick/black. Not PCOS, just hairy. Electryolysis got rid of everything

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 8:05 am
Amother chocolate, who did you go to for electrolysis?

bzmommy

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 8:10 am
I did laser as a teen. Hair was all gone .
After my pregnancies they all came back, thicker n darker then before .
I finally went for electrolysis years later of struggling with tweezing threading n waxing .
I’m pregnant now bH and still doing electrolysis , only a year into it and missed 4 months bc of COVID-19 so was shaving . Less hairs now n thinner , she tells me it will go away n might need touch ups from time to time,(Once a year or so, also depends on ur hairs) which is better than hair growing next day .

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 8:13 am
Get a tiny hair/nose trimmer on Amazon and trim it as needed.
Remember to moisturize a lot in that area

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 8:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I didn’t have more growth but the hair did grow back.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 8:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Amother chocolate, who did you go to for electrolysis?

Im located in Long Island. Is there a way I could message you the persons number? She is excellent. Im expecting now and nothing grew back for me

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 8:46 am
am blonde and would never shave! it produces stubble!

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 8:50 am
Women in your forties/fifties/sixties - does electrolysis produce long term results?
Or does the hair grow back due to constant hormones?

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 8:54 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
am blonde and would never shave! it produces stubble!

I have long hair. I need to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics