Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Happy with my weight even if I have to lose 10 kilos?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 6:27 pm
Why can’t I just forget about dieting and be happy with my weight? Why do I always think I have to diet?? Are there any overweight ladies that are just happy with the way they look?

Genius

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 6:42 pm
If you’re a healthy weight why don’t you just go buy a new wardrobe and enjoy life? Why are you dieting?

smss

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 6:48 pm
You're definitely onto something Smile

There's so much to say here but I'll say just this for now: weight cycling (dieting, gaining it back, dieting etc etc etc) is associated with WORSE outcomes than simply being "overweight."

Are you interested in books, podcasts, or Instagram accounts to learn more about this?

ChanieMommy

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 6:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why can’t I just forget about dieting and be happy with my weight? Why do I always think I have to diet?? Are there any overweight ladies that are just happy with the way they look?

Are you overweight according to BMI or just as compared as what you think is your ideal weight?

Because if you look at the BMI, you will see that the "ideal" weight is a broad range, of 15-20 kg (35-45 pounds), depending on your height...

also, if you look at statistics, you will see that more than 50% of the population over 50 falls into the category "overweight" according to BMI... so clearly, it is rather natural to pick up a bit of fat later in life...

For health, exercice is more important than avoiding overweight...

So you might want to exercise regularly, if the extra pounds go away, all the better, if they don't you can still hope you replaced some fat with muscles...

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 9:47 pm
22 lbs. isn't awfully overweight. I'm actually just about within 20 lbs. of what I weighed when I got marrid. I thought I'd never get there.
I feel great, fit into lots of clothes, can see my neck, get compliments, my doctors are happy with my numbers.
Eat healthy, exercise, and may you keep going till 120.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 9:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Depends on if it’s affecting your health

smss

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 10:04 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Depends on if it’s affecting your health

If someone has health concerns, there are many measures they can take like reducing stress, getting more sleep, eating fruits and vegetables regularly, and exercising that WILL improve health REGARDLESS of whether their weight ends up changing.

As opposed to dieting, which doesn't work 95-97% of the time and often actually harms your health in the long run (in the case of weight cycling like I mentioned above).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise