Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How does the Monsey Bingo delivery work?

southernbubby

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 8:41 pm
I saw an ad that they now deliver but no details were given. I wasn't sure if people had to come in and shop and then have it delivered or if it can be ordered and delivered.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 8:43 pm
I’m assuming it means you put your order together and they deliver . But I could be wrong .

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 8:59 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I saw an ad that they now deliver but no details were given. I wasn't sure if people had to come in and shop and then have it delivered or if it can be ordered and delivered.

Where did u see the ad

southernbubby

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 9:09 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Where did u see the ad

Community Connection

abmom

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 10:50 pm
You go in and do your shop. Checkout as usual. Box your items yourself. (They charge for the boxes.) Then you go with your cart full of boxes to the checkout in the center. There you pay for delivery. It's $5 for the 1st 5 boxes, then another dollar for each additional box. You give your delivery information and they put labels on your boxes. They then park your cart full of boxes in front and your hands are free to go to target Wink
They brought it up 2 flights for me like the groceries do.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 11:12 pm
abmom wrote:
You go in and do your shop. Checkout as usual. Box your items yourself. (They charge for the boxes.) Then you go with your cart full of boxes to the checkout in the center. There you pay for delivery. It's $5 for the 1st 5 boxes, then another dollar for each additional box. You give your delivery information and they put labels on your boxes. They then park your cart full of boxes in front and your hands are free to go to target Wink
They brought it up 2 flights for me like the groceries do.

Oh wow, this is weird. I wonder how many people will do delivery if they charge. How long are the boxes sitting in the store? What about refrigerator/freezer items?

southernbubby

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 11:58 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Oh wow, this is weird. I wonder how many people will do delivery if they charge. How long are the boxes sitting in the store? What about refrigerator/freezer items?

I guess that it's primarily for people who don't drive and get there by taxi or bus or who can't shlep it themselves.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 12:23 am
No bulk delivery. No mini refrigerator, tables, sukkah panels...

singleagain

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 7:13 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:

So in my grocery store, if you do a large shopping and want it delivered, it also cost money, but it's a flat local or distance fee. Also we don't charge for boxes.

The main difference is, we pack it for you and print labels for fridge, freezer, dry. This is what the baggers are trained for.

As for how long it sits, it doesn't matter bc we put the refrigerated and frozen boxes in the refrigerators and freezers. Also I think the customer will ask for a certain time. If you come shopping at 7 am we can deliver it at 4pm no problem (mostly, I think you have to check with the manager to make sure we will have a driver going to your location that day. Local is almost never a problem.

But if you pack your own, don't you pack your freezer, fridge, dry things together anyways?

I remember loving to go shopping with my dad as a kid. And he taught me to put all the cold stuff together and the boxes fit nicely in a paper bag and don't overload a thing with cans... Etc. I even try to load the belt that way. Like things together.

And when I'm working the register, I always reach further down to get all the yogurts and cheeses or whatever so I can put it in the same bag

chava101

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 7:48 am
They don't deliver fridge/freezer stuff
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics