Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How to toilet train a boy?
1  2  Next

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 7:47 am
I’m asking this way in advance but I just heard someone on fb say that boys don’t touch their bris while they pee!!
Is this true?
I thought they’re not supposed to touch while they are having those thoughts but that’s when they’re older like in their teens or so when puberty is happening and their brains are changing.

I have 2 younger brothers and they always aimed

How did you toilet train your son if he’s not supposed to touch himself?

Doesn’t the pee go EVERYWHERE? I figured no mother wants a bathroom smelling of pee and cleaning up pee stains.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 7:55 am
They are allowed to touch and aim. Don’t listen to nonsense.

Rappel

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 7:59 am
They hold and aim when they're little. When they're older, they aim by holding on to it with a cloth, such as their underwear.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 8:08 am
Your DH should be teaching your son. That's his job. He's the one who can demonstrate the technique he wants your son to learn.

You're kind of "ill equipped" for the job. Wink

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 8:23 am
Yeah I figured lol. I asked my husband about it and he doesn’t aim he just goes sorry for the tmi

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 8:25 am
I have no idea what DH does but my little boys absolutely hold and aim.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 8:59 am
Oh wow. We’re chasidish if it makes a difference

watergirl

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 9:04 am
My husband deals with this. But he teaches the boys to sit down. Less mess.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 9:05 am
My kids were not taught to hold, sorry. Unless there is a physical issue (or an irregular issue), a boy should be able to lean over the toilet standing and aim straight in. Sometimes when they're younger they have to tiptoe a bit to reach over the rim, or use a low stepping stool.. That's been my experience bh. Chassidishe too.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 9:07 am
When my DS has to pee, he gets erect so no need to hold What

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 9:40 am
watergirl wrote:

Your husband is my hero! Very Happy

IMHO, boys and men should only stand up to pee if they are outdoors and camping. If there is a decent toilet, they should use it in a civilized manner.

I have a friend with many kids B'H, and she has designated boys' and girls' bathrooms. The girls' bathroom always smells like perfume, and the boys' bathroom always smells like a truck stop.

She bleaches down every single surface, cracks in the floor, all the way up the walls, and the smell comes back within an hour or two. It's the bane of her existence!

I only used the boys' bathroom once, when the girls were taking too long. NEVER AGAIN. I learned to hold it, or respectfully ask the parents if I could use their en suite.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 9:45 am
watergirl wrote:

We also teach to sit down for the mess factor. With little boys, they sometimes need to be taught / reminded to tuck it down pointing to the bowl. I assume they hold and aim if out somewhere with disgusting facilities (an option I wish I had!), but at home and in normal clean places sitting is the way to go.

lilies

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 9:48 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Your husband is my hero! Very Happy

IMHO, boys and men should only stand up to pee if they are outdoors and camping. If there is a decent toilet, they should use it in a civilized manner.

I have a friend with many kids B'H, and she has designated boys' and girls' bathrooms. The girls' bathroom always smells like perfume, and the boys' bathroom always smells like a truck stop.

She bleaches down every single surface, cracks in the floor, all the way up the walls, and the smell comes back within an hour or two. It's the bane of her existence!

I only used the boys' bathroom once, when the girls were taking too long. NEVER AGAIN. I learned to hold it, or respectfully ask the parents if I could use their en suite.

I just love this idea.

Lovemy5

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 10:02 am
Just as an aside, as a mother of mostly sons, train them to put down the seat!

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 10:02 am
ShishKabob wrote:
My kids were not taught to hold, sorry. Unless there is a physical issue (or an irregular issue), a boy should be able to lean over the toilet standing and aim straight in. Sometimes when they're younger they have to tiptoe a bit to reach over the rim, or use a low stepping stool.. That's been my experience bh. Chassidishe too.

This. But one of my boys did have an issue and could not aim without holding it down a bit, it would go straight on the wall! And now my dd tells me her son has the same problem.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 10:13 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
This. But one of my boys did have an issue and could not aim without holding it down a bit, it would go straight on the wall! And now my dd tells me her son has the same problem.

She should have him checked by a urologist if the hole is too small. Sometimes if the hole is too small it shoots out with too much pressure and can't be aimed properly. Had it with some of my boys. It's a pretty easy outpatient procedure to fix. My bathrooms have been clean since LOL .

Dr said he sees it a lot with boys that had a bris. Something about the way it heals that can cause the hole to be too small.

asmileaday

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 10:15 am
I trained all my boys sitting. They still need to tuck it down unless the potty has a splash guard in the front.
I never said anything to them about touching. Some have this chumrah but I think that's when they're much older.
Your son is too little but in the right time please train him to use the bathroom with manners even if it involves some touching.

Zehava

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 10:17 am
My boys never had a need to touch anything. If they’re standing straight it automatically goes in the toilet.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 10:28 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
She should have him checked by a urologist if the hole is too small. Sometimes if the hole is too small it shoots out with too much pressure and can't be aimed properly. Had it with some of my boys. It's a pretty easy outpatient procedure to fix. My bathrooms have been clean since LOL .

Dr said he sees it a lot with boys that had a bris. Something about the way it heals that can cause the hole to be too small.

It had nothing to do with the hole. Without being too tmi, his 'thingy' was a bit short, was not long enough to point downward.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 10:51 am
Idk I guess it never hurt to ask 🙈
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics