Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Hug button
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 9:52 pm
I'm really getting confused. On another post, the op got really huffy because someone hugged. Isn't that supposed to show extra warmth, so to speak? When and how did hugs become negative?

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 9:56 pm
They were originally meant for what you said. They are used instead of a dislike button a lot on this site. Unfortunately. You press like if u like it, or hug if you don't. I think that's obnoxious and I personally only hug someone to show warmth. But it is used for dislike

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 9:57 pm
That's really obnoxious. But, if that's the case, why not put a dislike button? Or omit the hug button?

lilies

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 10:04 pm
Since I've been on here.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 10:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm really getting confused. On another post, the op got really huffy because someone hugged. Isn't that supposed to show extra warmth, so to speak? When and how did hugs become negative?

I was also very confused till I chapped that people use it for dislike. Yes we should really have all 3.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 10:11 pm
Hi op! When did you join Ima? A week ago? Less?

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 10:16 pm
I use it as a hug as intended.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 10:20 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:

I’ll be honest. I mostly use it as a genuine hug, but I use it as dislike too. Not in a passive aggressive way. As a literal dislike TMI
Very seldom, but if I’m really annoyed at a post I will hug and explain why I’m annoyed. Again probably not more than once a week or less. I don’t get worked up that easily.

BH Yom Yom

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 10:21 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:

Same here.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 10:24 pm
I’m also sometimes completely confused why a very neutral post of mine would be hugged. I sometimes really can’t figure out why that calls for a genuine hug or a dislike. So maybe it also has a 3rd meaning that I’m unaware of?

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 10:28 pm
Also something to note, in the thread you are referring to, op accused the first poster of hugging her when really there is no way of knowing who hugs your post. It is technically possible a different another hugged but didn't post around the same time the first poster posted.

silverlining3

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 10:48 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
I’m also sometimes completely confused why a very neutral post of mine would be hugged. I sometimes really can’t figure out why that calls for a genuine hug or a dislike. So maybe it also has a 3rd meaning that I’m unaware of?

Yes, I saw that too.
More like for expressing thoughts or psak they were given and like nebach. Don't know how to explain, but I'm aware ha

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 10:54 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Also something to note, in the thread you are referring to, op accused the first poster of hugging her when really there is no way of knowing who hugs your post. It is technically possible a different another hugged but didn't post around the same time the first poster posted.

Which thread is it?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 10:56 pm
A hug means "wow, there must be really something wrong with you based on what you wrote. I will hug you now to express my deepest sympathy for you and I hope you get help soon."

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 11:15 pm
On a thread of someone asking for links for a baby bracelet I posted one and said my daughters been wearing it since she’s 9 months and now she’s almost 2 and we almost never take it off and it’s great. I got 2 hugs. Cannot figure out why??

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 11:17 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
A hug means "wow, there must be really something wrong with you based on what you wrote. I will hug you now to express my deepest sympathy for you and I hope you get help soon."

Yes it sometimes means this but definitely not always.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 11:19 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
On a thread of someone asking for links for a baby bracelet I posted one and said my daughters been wearing it since she’s 9 months and now she’s almost 2 and we almost never take it off and it’s great. I got 2 hugs. Cannot figure out why??

This is exactly what I mean by a neutral post being hugged. Leaves me completely stumped! I wish someone can explain. In general I think it’s a good idea to explain why you like or dislike a post. That’s what creates a discussion.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 11:24 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
This is exactly what I mean by a neutral post being hugged. Leaves me completely stumped! I wish someone can explain. In general I think it’s a good idea to explain why you like or dislike a post. That’s what creates a discussion.

After I saw the 2 hugs I asked why I was hugged but got no response. Another thread I can’t remember something like that happened and no one answered why I was hugged. It’s so weird and just makes me so curious? Not that I care if someone didn’t like my post-I just want to know why!

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 11:26 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
After I saw the 2 hugs I asked why I was hugged but got no response. Another thread I can’t remember something like that happened and no one answered why I was hugged. It’s so weird and just makes me so curious? Not that I care if someone didn’t like my post-I just want to know why!

Could be someone’s love language is touch and they just go around hugging all posts? Laugh

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 11:27 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Could be someone’s love language is touch and they just go around hugging all posts? Laugh

Lol that’s a kind explanation 😂
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics