Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Family thrown off flight b/c toddler wouldn’t wear a mask!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

cbsp

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 6:37 pm
Amarante wrote:
I am looking at press release dated August 5 which requires face masks for everyone except a child two or under.

If the child was 2 then the child was required to wear a mask - e.g. anyone more than 24 months must wear a mask.

I would assume the flight attendant was basing it on instructions received as of August 5.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/j.....26254

"If a crewmember identifies a face covering or mask that does not appear sufficient based on its features or potential lack of protection, they will provide a mask for the customer to use instead," the airline said.

The rule will not apply to children two years and younger.

The airline said any customer who doesn't agree to wear a face covering will not be allowed to board and customers who don't follow in-flight crew requests to wear a face covering will be reviewed for future travel on JetBlue.

In all industries the age is until the next birthday. So 2 and under means until age 3 (but not including age 3). So no, not 24 months but rather almost 36 months.

Which is why the flight attendant was insisting this child is already 3.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 6:54 pm
momsrus wrote:
You always know better and can do better than everyone else.

Hey, not nice!

monkeymamma

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 7:01 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Hitler singled out the jews. Bh, jews are not being singled out. We're not being tortured or losing are freedom. Nazi Germany does not come in here bh.
If holocaust survivors would hear the people are referring to what's going on now as nazi Germany, they'd be horrified. She's making it sound like we're being tortured and having our rights taken away. Her reactions and stories are pretty harsh, it didn't even happen to her. She wasn't there. Her stories are open for the world to see, we should be a bit more careful. She's posting curse words and foul language, not something that jews should be posting publicly.

Deblasio singled out the Jews in NY so its not surprising that a Jew is being singled out by an anti-semitic flight attendant. Would you still defend his actions if he would have done this to a black family?

Blessing1

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 7:08 pm
monkeymamma wrote:
Deblasio singled out the Jews in NY so its not surprising that a Jew is being singled out by an anti-semitic flight attendant. Would you still defend his actions if he would have done this to a black family?

Who's actions am I defending? All I'm saying is that we need to stop comparing this to Nazi Germany. It's insulting and disrespectful to those who actually went through Nazi Germany.

newcomer

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 7:10 pm
Once someone starts making Nazi comparisons they lose credibility with their arguments.
I agree DeBlasio is no friend of the Jews. But I would never, never compare him to a Nazi.

HelloG

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 7:11 pm
nchr wrote:
But it's not always.. What was the benefit here? A delayed flight? ... It reflects poorly on the idnivudals that they couldn't just humor the stewardess for 2 minutes and instead chose to argue about the policy. "Oh we'll try our best - Sara is so little she keeps taking it off. We'll be on the lookout"

on the videos circulating you can clearly see and hear the mom telling the stewardess that she will try her best and you can see her put it onto the child and the child immediately pushing it away

monkeymamma

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 7:51 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Who's actions am I defending? All I'm saying is that we need to stop comparing this to Nazi Germany. It's insulting and disrespectful to those who actually went through Nazi Germany.

Nazi Germany didnt start in Auschwitz. Its a slippery slope and we need to stand up for our rights before its too late.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 7:54 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Cmon yourself. You sound like a judgy teenager without kids....

Besides promising treats in shamayim is just weird if you’re not dead yet....

Edited-sp

LOL
For laughing out loud!

octopus

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 7:57 pm
How can anyone say that this mom lost her cool?? Her voice is not raised , she is not yelling. She is clearly stressed and agitated, but please, this was a stressful situation! Hear the other passengers in the background really screaming- this mom did not sound like that. How dare any person on this thread judge this mother unfavorably. You try getting on and off a plane with 6 kids, get humiliatingly kicked off a plane (plus the whole plane was kicked off too). I give this mom an A+. And the other passengers, I give them an A+ too for sticking up for her. Not everyone sticks up for people these days. All these critical posters on this thread probably wouldn't have stuck up for her.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 7:58 pm
monkeymamma wrote:
Nazi Germany didnt start in Auschwitz. Its a slippery slope and we need to stand up for our rights before its too late.

Yes we can stand up for our rights. Standing up for our rights has nothing to do with comparing this to Nazi Germany. It's offensive to compare this to Nazi Germany. Bh the laws apply to all Americans and not just to jews. We're not being tortured, starved, and killed bh. We don't need to flee for our lives and our children aren't being taken from us bh. We're not in Nazi Germany and people must stop comparing the 2. By comparing the 2 we're belittling the atrocities people went through in Nazi Germany.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Thu, Aug 20 2020, 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

monkeymamma

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 8:01 pm
newcomer wrote:
Once someone starts making Nazi comparisons they lose credibility with their arguments.
I agree DeBlasio is no friend of the Jews. But I would never, never compare him to a Nazi.

You do realize that Hitler was in prison when he wrote Mein Kampf? Never underestimate the power of even one evil anti-semite.

monkeymamma

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 8:05 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Yes we can stand up for our rights. But it's offensive to compare this to Nazi Germany. Bh the laws apply to all Americans and not just to jews. We're not being tortured, starved, and killed bh. We don't need to flee for our lives and our children aren't being taken from us bh. We're not in Nazi Germany and people must stop comparing the 2. By comparing the 2 we're belittling the atrocities people went through in Nazi Germany.

The laws applied to Jews in Germany and other countries as well until it didnt apply which happened slowly and methodically. You do realize that Hitler was in prison when he wrote Mein Kampf? Never underestimate the power of even one evil anti-semite.

WhatFor

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 8:24 pm
I haven't closely followed this so I am not taking a side. I do see some posters here making comments like, well if your child refuses, what else can you do?

From what I've seen IRL, from an airline's perspective, they're not concerned with level of effort or whether your child is too young to understand. The flight attendants have a checklist of things they need to get through before the plane can take off. I was once on a flight and a woman was on board with a non-verbal SN child who was probably agitated about flying, and wasn't sitting exactly properly before takeoff. The flight attendant eventually told the woman she needed to take the child off. She left without kicking up a fuse - I think she understood.

I felt really bad. I still regret not offering to sit next to the child on the other side to help out. You could see the woman was frustrated and nearly in tears. I don't know how she ultimately traveled. You know the woman was trying to comply and the child was simply incapable. But I don't think the flight attendant was "wrong" or "cruel" or "evil" or "discriminating".

The flight attendants deal with hundreds of passengers. They don't create their safety lists They are responsible for ensuring a checklist of things are in place before the flight can safely take off. She said they had a zero tolerance policy so she couldn't allow the plane to take off like that- I assume she didn't create that policy.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 8:28 pm
WhatFor wrote:
I haven't closely followed this so I am not taking a side. I do see some posters here making comments like, well if your child refuses, what else can you do?

From what I've seen IRL, from an airline's perspective, they're not concerned with level of effort or whether your child is too young to understand. The flight attendants have a checklist of things they need to get through before the plane can take off. I was once on a flight and a woman was on board with a non-verbal SN child who was probably agitated about flying, and wasn't sitting exactly properly before takeoff. The flight attendant eventually told the woman she needed to take the child off. She left without kicking up a fuse - I think she understood.

I felt really bad. I still regret not offering to sit next to the child on the other side to help out. You could see the woman was frustrated and nearly in tears. I don't know how she ultimately traveled. You know the woman was trying to comply and the child was simply incapable. But I don't think the flight attendant was "wrong" or "cruel" or "evil" or "discriminating".

The flight attendants deal with hundreds of passengers. They don't create their safety lists They are responsible for ensuring a checklist of things are in place before the flight can safely take off. She said they had a zero tolerance policy so she couldn't allow the plane to take off like that- I assume she didn't create that policy.

I'm willing to bet you that there were other maskless 2 year olds on the flight. Every flight attendant knows that kids 2 and under don't need to wear a mask. In this case, the flight attendant decided that this child is 3.

crush

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 9:47 pm
Wow. I just had a JetBlue ad appear on my Instagram page. I scrolled through the comments, thinking I’d see lots of them supporting the mask policy. But they were almost all (I saw one positive out of the many many that I scrolled through) saying to boycott JetBlue, that JetBlue supports child abuse, that they would never fly JetBlue again, and how horrible it was to try to force a 2 year old to wear a mask.

I was really pleasantly surprised. The masses really are on her side!

crush

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 9:57 pm
Just a tiny sample of all the comments. They’re all so upset with JetBlue.

Last edited by crush on Fri, Aug 21 2020, 1:24 am; edited 3 times in total

tweek

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 11:20 pm
To me, the biggest proof is in the fellow passengers' reactions. I can never understand why people who WEREN'T THERE automatically make assumptions in the negative. The fact that the very people who were the most inconvenienced by what happened, were expressing anger at the airline and not towards the family says it all. No need to get any further than that.

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 1:32 pm
It's not just happening to Jewish passengers: https://calgaryherald.com/news.....0296/
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics