Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Home Improvement

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 12:29 am
Here’s the background:
I grew up in a home with parents who worked hard, were very into building a big family and had good values. They did not take care of our house. Big family, no extra money so leaks, broken furniture and peeling paint were the norm.
I appreciated their values but the state of my house did bother me as a child.
When I was fortunate to purchase a home I chose to go with a new construction for those reasons. We didn’t have extra money and I knew it would be hard for me to live in a run down home.
Fast forward 20 years. The bathrooms are moldy with broken doors on the cabinets, the carpeting is in bad shape and the paint (although that is something we’ve redone every few years) is also not looking too great.
I would really appreciate suggestions and recommendations for doing these types of home improvements in an as low cost way as possible. Also, ballpark figures for what doing these things cost - ex: how much you paid to carpet four bedrooms. (I know size of room matters but just looking for average numbers.)

I live in the NY area.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 12:35 am
Carpeting 4 bedrooms - $2,500
Redoing bathroom tiles, grout and vanity $1,500 kept bathtub. See where mold is coming from

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:38 am
This is super helpful. I thought the costs would be much higher. Where do you live?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics