Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Slichot

naturalmom5

Post Sat, Sep 12 2020, 11:04 pm
Curios.. Who is going to Slichos tonite
Particularly if you dont have children or they are grown up

amother
Green

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 12:10 am
I’ve gone nearly every single year since I was 20. (It’s more than 20 years later) but not this year (our shul has strict limitations on how many they are letting in and BH having a young child means my husband and I would have to go to different minyanim) plus I’m working tomorrow and have to be up early. But when I go I enjoy it very much

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 12:39 am
We had slichot services on Zoom. I thought that was the norm this year.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 12:52 am
I never went as a child/teen, don't remember my mother ever going, so never considered going as a grown up. I know people go, I guess I'm just not motivated enough to start new traditions for myself.

silverlining3

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 12:54 am
I remember my mom always going at night.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 7:16 am
WE had a big outdoor one at the park with lots of singing, and room for everyone to spread out. I didn't go. It was scheduled to finish around 2:00 am, and I had to be at work at a normal time this mornign.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 7:21 am
I went. I slept on Shabbat and all my kids were sleeping.
As a teen and young adult I often went to slichot, not every night but most nights.
After my kids were born I tried to go the first night at least, it wasn’t always an option this year it was.

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 9:20 am
Do women in bp go for selichos?

I haven’t done this in 3 years Sad

Help!

Chasidish if it makes a difference

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:28 am
I went to selichos last night (no small children at home) and I felt very unsafe. 25 women in a small room, and nobody else wearing a mask, which covered both mouth and nose. (About three women wore masks covering mouth only. Rest wore no masks.). It definitely disturbed my kavanah, because I felt so uncomfortable - on so many different levels. It’s giving me pause regarding shul on Yomim Nora’im, but none of the Shuls in my neighborhood appear to be having sd and masks (except one with a questionable mechitza). We never had it and have no antibodies, so don’t know what to do . . .

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 11:51 am
https://theus.tv/selichot

This is fabulous.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics