Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Lakewood highschool teacher salary

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 11:58 am
What can someone around age 30 with 5 years of teaching experience expect to get per period in a lakewood BY highschool and does salary change Hebrew vs English subjects.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 12:03 pm
I get $50 per period

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 12:07 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
I get $50 per period

When you say 50$ per period how is that figured out? If you factor vacation paid or unpaid it makes a huge difference? What do u walk out with per period at the end of the school year, 6000? 7000?

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 12:07 pm
Wow that's a lot. I got $19 per hour for english but that was 15 years ago.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 12:13 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]When you say 50$ per period how is that figured out? If you factor vacation paid or unpaid it makes a huge difference? What do u walk out with per period at the end of the school year, 6000? 7000?[/quote

I negotiated for a salary. So it’s vacation paid. I only teach 3 periods a week though.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 12:18 pm
[quote="amother [ Papaya ]"]
amother [ OP ] wrote:
When you say 50$ per period how is that figured out? If you factor vacation paid or unpaid it makes a huge difference? What do u walk out with per period at the end of the school year, 6000? 7000?[/quote

I negotiated for a salary. So it’s vacation paid. I only teach 3 periods a week though.

How much did it come out to on a salary? When you say 3 periods a week you mean approximately 2 hrs 15 min of actual teaching time?

amother
Green

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 12:48 pm
Finding this very interesting. I’m teaching hs in Lakewood for many years. Started at $18 / pd after many years making under 40. It is very low. Would never ask my co workers what they’re making. I know Hebrew teachers get more, which is bothersome because they’re not doing anything more or have any better training. OTOH English teachers pay overtime babysitting/ clubs etc and come home 4:00-5:30...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 1:17 pm
Can you please post in terms of total yearly salary. For example I teach a total of 8 English periods a week 45 min a period and make 15k for the year.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 4:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you please post in terms of total yearly salary. For example I teach a total of 8 English periods a week 45 min a period and make 15k for the year.

Then you’re doing pretty well. School year is approx 40 wks. 8x40 is 320. 15k divided by 320 is more than 45/ period
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics